Repairing fenderwell coutouts.

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
Happy Easter FABO... Quick question as I finally start to get some body issues resolved. The P/O had fenderwell headers in this Duster and I'm going with the 440 and schumacher headers that wont require these holes. I'd like to either repair them (I have the removed pieces) or maybe replace the while inner fender (I've read that might be difficult). Any thoughts or tips on this?

Thanks as always,
Dale

Attachments

• cutouts.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 123
Inners are spot welded and they are under tension, so you may not ever get them back to where they 'were'. If you have the patch panels, tack mig them back in: grind, fill, sand and paint. When I drilled the spot welds on my inners, the last 2 at the rad support popped and went 1/8 off their mark. Yours dont look bad, Mine looked like they were cut with an air hammer and a crows foot...oh yeah, I DID cut them like that 12 years ago!:eek:ops:

Thanks pishta... I am hesitant to remove the whole panel. It looks easy but I'm sure things can go wrong pretty fast by a hasty removal. I will try to patch the holes.

There is nothing fast about removing that whole panel, its under about 50 spot welds and every one has to be drilled out. Not real fun.

FYI, I got a Mr. Bill book with the original plastic film record still in it..." Oooh Nooooo!"

-
Back