Replacement Motor Mounts?

-

doc540

Reaction score
1961 Lancer

Anyone have a source and part number for correct motor mounts?

It's that time. :???:

(and yes, I've searched and Googled for quite a while now)

I'm not sure, if they are the same as the 63-66 "A" body mounts (I think they are).
I would have to dig out my early parts manual, to check. Mounts for the 63-66 slant six "A" body are A2304 for the right, and A2303 for the left. Available from Rockauto.com, or your local part store.

Contact Old Car Parts Northwest; call, don't email. I got some original types for my '62 Dart (1st year B-Body). The listings in the current parts lookups were incorrect for one side and for the trans mount; I would not be so sure of the listings for a '61 Lancer.

Anyone else?

The driver's side motor mount on a 1961 looks nothing like what's appearing on all the parts sites.

Surely, someone here knows.

Thanks

try calling wildcat auto 503 668 7786. Ed is into lancers and has several in the yard. perhaps he/they can help you or at least give you some guidance/direction?

Maybe I'm not looking at it right, but none of the auto part pictures appear to be the same as my mount.

How does the small rubber mount attach to the long, metal brace from the cross member to the block? I only see one bolt.

(can't find a schematic in my shop '61 shop manual)

Thanks

0d65ce22-8bc8-4cd1-836a-70355b9c6942_zpslnqsn8d3.jpg

69c27d35-b1f5-431d-8f7b-ff768a6be59d_zpsvwoec7qc.jpg

how is that mounted to the frame? That looks like my B2000's motor mounts!
Rock shows the thick biscuits. Looks like an unserviceable isolater in a large metal bracket. Maybe rebonding some rubber pads?
2775_6.jpg

If you have not tried...... call Old Car Parts NW; their site's listings of parts is not up right now. /6Dan is associated with that group. (425) 572-0764

Then go onto www.slantsix.org and ask.

Checked my 61 parts manual. they are different from he 63-66 mounts. Factory part numbers are:
right 2203 039
left 2203 040
package that contains both 2240 398

Brad Nos Parts Westcolumbia Chrysler shows the right mount in stock, as does Atlas Obsolete Chrysler Parts

CollectorsAutoSupply.com shows all in stock, but many times they show parts they don't really have, and are very pricey.
Atlas is good to deal with.
Brads communication leaves something to be desired, but I always got what I wanted.
I would contact Old Car Parts NW, first to see if they have what you need.

Checked my 61 parts manual. they are different from he 63-66 mounts. Factory part numbers are:
right 2203 039
left 2203 040
package that contains both 2240 398

Brad Nos Parts Westcolumbia Chrysler shows the right mount in stock, as does Atlas Obsolete Chrysler Parts

CollectorsAutoSupply.com shows all in stock, but many times they show parts they don't really have, and are very pricey.
Atlas is good to deal with.
Brads communication leaves something to be desired, but I always got what I wanted.
I would contact Old Car Parts NW, first to see if they have what you need.

Brad has a set, but I can't afford them at this time. :pale:

As has already been sussed out in this thread, no, the '60-'61 mounts are not the same as the '62(!) to '66 mounts. And no, RockAuto does not have them; they're deluded. Part numbers for the mounts you need are 2203 039 or 2121 733 (right) and 2203 040 or 2128 821 (left). These mounts are very durable, more so than the cheaper-to-make '62-'66 type, and were not serviced by the aftermarket suppliers (Doan, Anchor, etc) because there was so little demand. Old Car Parts Northwest has some of them in stock.

-
Back