replacement wiper switch?

-
i might have a wiper switch, ill check when its daylight. if i do you can have it for the cost of shipping. i have no use for it lol

That would be awesome if you have one.

Awesome indeed, and just the kind of help I love to see - member helping member! Is it THIS switch?

This one is from my ragtop ('64 Dart GT, with (I guess) all the options. As I worked with this switch and its' connectors, as part of my wiring harness project the "Genious" of Ma MOPAR back in the day became obvious. Though I've not seen the single or two speed wiper switches, this one was modular. It provided voltage for the backup lights and the w/w washer pump (if equipped), and the variable speed function. I thought it was a pretty neat piece of engineering.

BC

Attachments

• 017_resize.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 333
$175 NOS here on FABO.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=195179&highlight=2497112

attachment.php

That one is without the backup light and w/w washer electric pump circuits added on. It IS the number that was asked for. Hope it all works out - it usually does when we help each other.

BC

That one is without the backup light and w/w washer electric pump circuits added on. It IS the number that was asked for. Hope it all works out - it usually does when we help each other.

BC

Based off the number on the box shown in the picture, the part number in the url and the part number posted in the link I posted, I would think so.

Awesome indeed, and just the kind of help I love to see - member helping member! Is it THIS switch?

This one is from my ragtop ('64 Dart GT, with (I guess) all the options. As I worked with this switch and its' connectors, as part of my wiring harness project the "Genious" of Ma MOPAR back in the day became obvious. Though I've not seen the single or two speed wiper switches, this one was modular. It provided voltage for the backup lights and the w/w washer pump (if equipped), and the variable speed function. I thought it was a pretty neat piece of engineering.

BC

Unfortunately I do not think that one is the one. I have a 65 Barracuda with a variable wiper setup. It has four connections for the wiper motor one for power and one for the washer pump. Thank you though.

If I have no other choice I will try and find the money to buy that one. I have a couple of auto electric repair guys locally I am going to see if they can rebuild or fix mine. Maybe I will get lucky but I am not holding my breath.

If I have no other choice I will try and find the money to buy that one. I have a couple of auto electric repair guys locally I am going to see if they can rebuild or fix mine. Maybe I will get lucky but I am not holding my breath.

That is the price we pay for our beloved cars. I have done it and I am sure I will again.

Has anyone ever tried to repair one of these switches? I followed the testing as per the service manual and it appears I am having a ground to the case problem. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thank you guys I appreciate the help. It appears no one makes them in the reproduction world.

4spddragtop, I contacted him hopefully he does have it and it will work. I am finding there are literally DOZENS of switches and combinations. Not sure why but gah.

Turned out to be easy. Chucked it in a vise, opened the back carefully with a screwdriver and simply cleaned the connections and contact points, regreased where necessary. Tapped it back together. Give it a try. Did my ragtop lift and retract switch as well- that one I had to make a little part for it out of a ballpoint "clicker" section to have a spring loaded, non conducting rocker for the contacts. Works fine.

Mike

Turned out to be easy. Chucked it in a vise, opened the back carefully with a screwdriver and simply cleaned the connections and contact points, regreased where necessary. Tapped it back together. Give it a try. Did my ragtop lift and retract switch as well- that one I had to make a little part for it out of a ballpoint "clicker" section to have a spring loaded, non conducting rocker for the contacts. Works fine.

Mike

The key word here is CAREFULLY! I've gotten that lucky several times, but you don't want to rush and you DO want a clean work surface in case some small part falls out. (don't bother asking me how I know this)

-
Back