Replacements for stock rockers.

-

swifty

Reaction score
I was looking at my rockers and noticed there are two wear marks on some of the rockers. When I pulled the head I noticed the shafts were installed wrong, both notches to front. One of the spacers had quit a bit of wear on the side. I am not to familiar with the stock rockers but I am worried about the wear and unknown previous history. I was thinking of the mancini rocker set:

http://www.manciniracing.com/mararoarmset.html

It is a mild street build la 360, comp 262 cam, comp 901 springs, hydraulic lifters, speed pro pistons, j-heads. Just wondering if I should run stock, some new sealed power, mancini or the mp steels.

Attachments

• IMAG0801.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0797.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0804.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 142
Id just pick up some off a wreck at a yard, $185 for stamped rockers...nah. You can pick up 273's with pushrods for about $125, far better than stamped. correct pushrods are about $40 more. plus you wont have the preload BS associated with aftermarket cams and stock hydros.

Holy rocker arm threads Batman. We have like tweleteen goin already. Search button maybe?

That said, I'll be damned if I would EVER pay 184 bucks for the paddle style rockers. Heavy duty or not.

Comp Pro Mags, hands down! Otherwise a set of 273 adjustable rockers would be the way to go.

I have a used set of stock hyd rockers shafts pushrods, the whole set up I bought by accident used one night, I will sell whole set for 50 plus shipping if you want them, there clean and ready to install. pm if interested.

-
Back