replacing all vacuum lines under the hood

-

72_dart

Reaction score
This weekend I plan to replace all the vacuum lines under the hood. Does anyone happen to know what size or sizes I need to buy and how much. The car is a 72 dart w/ac and a slant six. I don't want to remove anything until I'm ready to replace. Also is it worth it to buy silicone vacuum hoses or just replace them with the standard rubber. And my apologies if this isn't the correct place to post.

I would buy 3 ft of each. 1/8 in, 3/16 in, 1/4 in, 3/8 in. Does not need to be silicone.

I commend you for stating what engine and with or without a/c.
California emissions ( CAP ) would make a difference also.
I would just get a pen and paper and make a shopping list of what I need.

Or just buuy 10' or each size; if you work on these cars you wil use it al eventually for brake bleeder hoses and who know is what. It is a cheap product to stock up on.

Since you don't mind non-original, for longer runs consider nylon tubing (probably 3/32"D). That is used in my 85 M-B and many cars today. You could even pull it off junkyard cars (I know 80-90 Mopars used it). You still need short sections of rubber hose at each end, but could then use silicone without breaking the bank, and should last much longer than rubber which becomes gummy or brittle over time.

-
Back