Replacing frame rails?

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
I got a new plan, i was searching craigslist today and i found a 69 dodge dart for sale, it was in basically miont condition until someone smashed most of the panels and beat it up. Im picking it up next weekend for 500 bucks. My plan is now to get the dart, and take the rust free frame rails and put them on my cuda, then turn the dart into a drag car.

So now im wondering how hard it is to switch the front and rear frame rails over to my cuda? :read2:

I think it will be a lot of work..........

Are replacement rear/front frame rails for you cuda available in re-pop??

Once the frame rails are out of the Dart, you gonna build a frame for it for drag purposes??

It would be a good project to document here......

im not sure if the full things are available? i think there is just sections. If anyone knows where i can get frame rails please inform me.

yes, the dart would be a drag car

On my car I welded in subframe connectors first. Then I supported the car on those ,plus I welded temp. stucture from side to side inside behind door jamb area to support the body then replaced my front driver side frame rail cutting factory spot welds then re-align to old mounting points,plus use k-member bolted back in to help align ..And also did the rear , but replaced those with 2x3 boxed rails.From auto weld
http://www.autoweldchassis.com/
Main thing is to support body while replacing structual parts.And lots of reference points with a plumb bob to your floor to reference .

They are advertising on their website now $320 , I think I gave about $250 when I bought mine , but like gas and everything else prices are up. Nice thing about them is they are mandrel bent, no kinks. they had stock spec bent frame rails on hand for my duster.Very happy with them would order from them again .Very strong compared to stock frame rails . Putting mine behind big block turbo engine.

There we go, i wil just get the full frame front and full frame rear for 1000 bucks. That will be alot easiers. NOw i could just beef up the frame on the dart and make it into a reasonable drag car

thanks

ok change of plans, im just going to use the frame rails off the dart for the cuda. How in the world would i do this?

-
Back