Request some help

-
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I read it you had transmission problems before you went in and they did some work right or wrong and the transmission failed? They may have hastened the failure by removing the linkage but if you had issues before it was likely on it's way to failure anyway. It will be a crapshoot in court - it could go either way. Can't hurt to try, though.

My guess ..........I am screwed.........

THIS is the correct answer.

Life sucks. Then you die. Sometimes you are forced kicking and screaming to learn (relatively) expensive lessons. Nobody said it was fair, and it's not.

Lesson: Do not ever under any circumstances, take, or allow to be taken, any vehicle, device, item, component or any other object, or for that matter never personally enter or allow anyone you know to enter, the premises of any Aamco operated business.

If I read the whole story right. Aamco did not rebuild it when you first went to them the first time? If not I really don't think you have valid claim. The trans is 40 years old, had dark fluid and clutch material in the pan? What they did was patch it together. How can you expect them to stand behind it? Stand behind what?

Just an update to this thread. I spoke with a TCI about the kick down on a TF727 not having a kick down or improper setup WILL cause failure

It can cause failure of almost every system in the torqueflite. It it is left off long enough it will burn up clutches beginning with high gear, then second, then first. The clutch material circulating through the rest of the transmission can cause it's demise as well.

That said, I'm sorry, but I gotta say this. If you took your car to Ammoco, it's all your fault anyway. I have a brother in law that cannot even wipe his own *** when it comes to cars and even he knows how big a racket they are. I think you need to get rid of the Mopar and go catch a Hyundai on sale.

Lastly, if you have ANY mechanical ability at all, you can build your own torqueflite. They ARE that easy.

if your talking about driving 8 years on a rebuilt transmission you won't have a leg to stand on....

There's a lot of expertise on this board about most any Mopar-related subject, but I doubt seriously if a judge is going to formally recognize anyone's opinions here about your monetary damages. They have to qualify and be recognized by the court as an expert. Remember how cute Marissa Tomei was in the witness chair in My Cousin Vinny? Yeah, kinda like that.

Google shows a bunch with a generic search for a transmission expert but, sadly -- or hilariously, depending on how you look at it :-D -- most are about Toyotas.

I too was afraid of trannys until I finally tried and found it easy to rebuild. First was my A-413 Torqueflite, then my A-604. What prompted me was after taking my 727, that I had removed, to several shops. Aamco said they couldn't rebuild a transmission. I wondered if maybe they just take clueless people's money. Cottman did a bench rebuild, but didn't solve my complaint of "morning sickness". For all I know, they just washed the case and charged me $600.

I too was afraid of trannys until I finally tried and found it easy to rebuild. First was my A-413 Torqueflite, then my A-604. What prompted me was after taking my 727, that I had removed, to several shops. Aamco said they couldn't rebuild a transmission. I wondered if maybe they just take clueless people's money. Cottman did a bench rebuild, but didn't solve my complaint of "morning sickness". For all I know, they just washed the case and charged me $600.

Preach it Brother Bill. Aren't they the easiest transmissions ever? My Ranger has over 150K now and has a 5R55E. That one I'm kinda frettin over. lol

My brother had his 92 Dakota trans rebuilt by aamco.

Was $1000, and the warranty was instantly voided if he missed one $125 yearly service!!

If it was me, I'd have just bought a running parts truck, and put that $125 a year for 5+ years in the bank in case I needed to buy another one.

-
Back