Resto-Mod VS Classic

Which style

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
yeah red with center lines would look good.

I mean I like chrome bumper more then painted but a 600 a bumper a can of 7 dollar spray paint is look really good.

In my opinion :

- Not a fan of body colour bumpers ( excepting the Elastomeric rubber-coated bumpers of "B" & "E" bodies ) ;

- I absolutely despise Centerline wheels ;

- Red --unless car was originally red-- is *yawn*

Have you checked into that *real* spray-on 'chrome' ? It's legit ! Just requires wax , as it's paint and not metal-coating .
Now , if that's not a viable alternative ...
how about something unique : say B5 body with B7 bumpers , or
silver metallic with dark argent bumpers ?

Wheels ...
Again , I'm not *typically* a fan of wheels larger than 15" and the requisite virtually-non-existent-sidewall tyres ; so with that in mind :
- Ansen 'Sprint' wheels in 15" ;

- 15" Rallye wheels with the '70/'71 centre caps and no trim rings

Just my proverbial two cents :glasses7:

Well I guess ill put in my two cents. I understand that one of the options is nethier and explain but really it's all about what you like. Who cares what anyone else thinks or whats overdone, thats what makes being a car hobbiest so great, you do what you want, thats what makes the car yours. I mean who knows maybe once you get the car painted you'll decide you want diffrent rims, who knows? I think i've pictured my car in my head a hundred diffrent ways before deciding to make a racecar. But hey thats just my thoughts on it

Since Chrome isn't an option I would go yellow with either black or the dark argent that was used on the Ralley Bullet Centers and use those Ralley Bullet Centers on ralley wheels.

I want to have that hot rod bad a** look and sound.That's why I like the yellow car but the red one is just very clean and bad a**.

yellow with centerlines for now !!

Attachments

• d37.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 183
  • d39.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 166
  • d32.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 202
the only reason i can find that someone would ABSOLUTELY DESPISE a centerline wheel is that their 14 inch rally wheel is only 85 bucks a wheel....IMO

the only reason i can find that someone would ABSOLUTELY DESPISE a centerline wheel is that their 14 inch rally wheel is only 85 bucks a wheel....IMO

I don't like Centerlines because :

- They're plain
- They're common
- They inhibit brake cooling
- They take away from an otherwise nice car's looks (see first opinion on my list ).

Again , this is my opinion :glasses7:

the GREEN car looks killer even with center lines,,which i dont like,,, RED is way over done,,,ever heard the saying re-sale red,,, i perfer chrome bumpers,,but if painted paint them same color as the car,, not black bumpers on a car that has a brite color,looks cheap IMO,, color or black hood either works,,no cowl hood either,,6 pak,or demon hood looks best IMO,,just my opinion,,,do what ever fits your budget,,and have fun

Given the two pictures, I like the red one.

Paint the bumpers now, chrome them later, no big deal.

If you're on a tight budget, how can you afford a paint job? You're not using tractor enamel, are ya? Is that why we're choosing between Caterpillar yellow or International Harvester red? Hehehe... ;-)

- They're plain
- They're common
- They take away from an otherwise nice car's looks (see first opinion on my list ).

yep. i hate centerline wheels.....

i think a 15 torque thrust would look awesome.

or a nice 17 in wheel...

I prefer that cars look period. I think that ultimately the car's value will be higher, if the car looks either original, or at least modified to look like it would when the car was raced.
Some of the resto-mods, start to look a little cartoonish, and over done.

Not a fan of retail red nor painted bumpers but it isn't what I like but what you like...heck, you can paint it chocolate brown if you desire but whydo you continue to ask us ??? This is really odd.......

love the red paint skeme...kkep the chrome bumpers...and stay with rallies and while letters out...to me the car looks meaner and larger then the bringht yellow and centerlines...red with centerline con/vo pros would make a nice look as well..JMO

- They're plain
- They're common

---------ok fair enough, now lets see your ride(s).....

I like off yellow...I havent see this color all that much...and ROCKET RACING WHEELS..they look like CRAGARS, but have a point in the middle of each spoke...but hey...IM OLD...

Attachments

• 296645_1481788140651_1712250806_735834_1025031657_n.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 133
I'm planning on painting my bumpers on project Scamp
I will be welding the bumper bolts in to smooth off the
bumpers.The bumpers will be black but haven't decided on
matte or gloss yet probably matte clearcoat.I PERSONALLY
despise body color painted bumpers and exposed bumper bolts
when painted.Again key word is PERSONALLY

-
Back