Resto progress

-
Bill,
I can't wait to see that car complete, so I can only imagine how you must feel. That is going to be one beautiful car. I only wish I could see it in person.

George

Well george this year I doubt because I still have to build my engine - but come hell or high water I will drive it to Chryslers at Carslile July 09 !! Im only 45 minuites from Carslile.

if your afraid of scratching the paint, use 2" wide blue tape to cover alot of it. i use it liberally if need be. when you remove it, pull it back over itself, not just straight up. this eliminates surface tension and the possibility of lifting or leaving residue.

Thanks for the tips - How do you handle drilling out trim holes? they left
the holes way too small to accept the emblems and Im super parinoid to drill
into the freshly painted body - but it has to be done!!
Bill

Bill
Use a small round file instead of a drill to open the holes.
If you'll be at Carlisle, maybe I can see the car in 09. I doubt my Dart will be ready for 08 as well, so maybe we can buy each other a coffee in 09.

Keep up the good work Bill!

George

Wow, that is one hot looking car!! I'll be looking for that at Carlisle in 09.

Here are a few photos - I have been making slow progress because every step forward I realize I need more parts or stuff to keep going. I'm now waiting on firewall insulation but I took a shot of my heater box. It doesnt look like much but it represents several hours of toiling because I broke one of the mounting studs off when I removed it, so I took it all the way down and used a spare box to steal the parts I needed (If anyone needs heater parts let me know I may have them). There is also a shot of my top - I wish some of you people lived close enough to help me put it in - I am awaiting help from family to get that thing back in place. Last but not least a picture of some pretty new emblems - nothing like car jewelry to keep ya motivated!! Geaorge thanks for the tip - the rattail file works great for opening up those trim holes:toothy10:

heaterbox.jpg

verttop.jpg

emblems.jpg

:happy10:Man that is bad :bootysha:!!!!Love it !!
What eng!!! are you putting in ??
Keep post update !!!!=P~

b67cuda, you have a definite winner there. In a couple of your original photos just after the car was painted, I could see a strange reflection in the paint. I finally realized it was the reflection of your teeth because you were grinning so much. Excellent!! :)

:happy10:Man that is bad :bootysha:!!!!Love it !!
What eng!!! are you putting in ??
Keep post update !!!!=P~

Thanks - she is finally turning the corner - I plan to use all the original stuff it came factory with the 273 commando, 4speed and 355 suregrip.
hopefully I can get the engine to the machine shop in the coming weeks
I cant wait to see it back together Ive had the heads done for over 6 YEARS!! No SH##!!
Bill

Glad to see the 273 will be back in it, love those 273's.
That car is going to look awesome.

Well my brother in law gave me a hand getting my top set back in the car
now comes the sweet fun of putting the bizzillion bolts back in that hold the
top at the tacking plates - OH JOY!! So Im posting a few shots of the top progress. I also received my Fuel gauge back from being Demonized:snakeman: Thanks Ben Ill post some shots as I install everything and get my dash back in this weekend hopefully.

Bill

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

topstrip.jpg

So How do people feel about Year One around here? They have me so mad I could spit fire I ordered my firewall insulation and after 2 weeks called and asked where it was - they tell me "oh it is on back order you should have known before you ordered it" So now Im a sucker and a mind reader!! Oh well I guess Ill have to put up with it or build a better buisness myself. Anyway here are some shots of my dash stuck on my bench till my insulation arrives. I put the deminized regulator in and put the dash back together, Ran the wireing and hopefully got it right - If anyone sees something out of place PLEASE let me know.

demonunit.jpg

dash 1.jpg

dash 2.jpg

dash 3.jpg

Soooooo.......that's what the back of my dash looks like!

I just can't seem to get a good look at it from laying on my back with all the blood rushing to my head! LOL!

What does the mini regulator do compared to the factory?

Bill.
Tell me what a deminized regulator is.

All looks in order with regard to the wiring harness routing from here. Very similar to my Dart dashboard.

If I can offer a tip....I would (and did) install the glovebox liner before installing the dash to the car.

I ordered my headliner insulation, cowl insulation, underdash insulation and trunk divider from Legendary on Sunday. I got an email notification yesterday that it's on its way. Being close to them, I should have it tomorrow according to the tracking number. Total LESS shipping was $81 for all of it.

Car looks great as usual buddy!!!!!

George

I sent my fuel gauge to Ben(Redfish) www.DeMonIVR.com you can go to the websight to get details but basiclly he removes the original mechanical regulator from the fuel gauge and sends you an external regulator. I hope for this to make the gauges more stable and accurate. Yeah George I will attempt to put the glovebox in again but I believe I have the wrong one although its marked for a 67 it doesnt seem to line up with the holes in my dash.

Alright guys - I need some help! does anyone out there know where to get a set of defrost hoses?? mine are beat but I havnt seen anyone selling them.

Bill
I see them all the time on eBay; new repro and used originals.

Good Luck,
George

Thanks I guess Im just not looking hard enough!
Bill

-
Back