Resto progress

-
Hey guys I posted this in the engine section and I figure I will post it here too - If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it!!
Bill

I could really use someones expertise with rocker shaft intallation on my 67 273 engine. I am trying to install my rockers onto the shafts, then the shafts onto the heads.
The FSM says " Install rocker arm and shaft assemblies with notch pointing to cenrerline of engine and tword front of engine on left bank and to rear of engine on right bank " first off :
1. I assume right and left is from sitting in the drivers seat ??

Then:
2. should the notch be at the top or bottom of the shaft ??

I guess If I knew the answer to these questions I can figure out the rest - does anybody know this info or where I can find it.
Thanks Alot, Bill

Hey - If any of you guys have a 273 commando car would you post some engine bay photos here on my resto page so I can figure out where stuff goes?? I had a bunch of photos I lost and now its hard to remember all the details or if anyone knows of any links that could be a big help too.
Thanks, Bill

I bought a set of body bumpers and it took a little research but i was able
to figure out where they went - here are some picks - I didnt do the glove box or ashtray bumpers yet - and the kit came with a little rubber "T" shaped
thingie I later figured out is a cluth pedal stop.

hood bump 1.jpg

door bump 1.jpg

door bump 2.jpg

trunk bump.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeouse!!!!!!!congradulations take them guy's out for steak and beers!!!nice job!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!!more pic's!!!!as ya go.

man is that looking good!!! i can't wait for you and george r to finish your cars! is your interior maroon? looks alot like mine.....

btw, did you see my answer to the horn relay question in georger's thread? your horn relay for 67 should be right next to the horns.

Wow, that car is really looking good. I hope you like attention because people are going to be staring at you when ever you take it out.

man is that looking good!!! i can't wait for you and george r to finish your cars! is your interior maroon? looks alot like mine.....

btw, did you see my answer to the horn relay question in georger's thread? your horn relay for 67 should be right next to the horns.

The call it red by the code but it is closer to maroon to me.

I did see your post on georges thred thanks - Im still tryin to find a photo
of just what goes where.

Here are some updates to my engine work. I am at a standstill awaiting my cam and lifters. I pulled the K frame back out and I will clean all the overspray off and assemble the engine and trans on a rolling jig I made so next time the K frame goes in for keeps with the engine and trans attached. I also took a shot of my grills installed. I have all the wireing in place now and everything works so far:-D
I cant wait to get the engine together.
See ya, Bill

engine update 1.jpg

engine update 2.jpg

engine update 3.jpg

engine update 4.jpg

engine update 5.jpg

engine update 6.jpg

here is a pic for you of a 67 cuda convertible of the horns and relay in the engine bay.

hope this helps.

DSC01913 (Medium).JPG

DSC01914 (Medium).JPG

DSC01915 (Medium).JPG

DSC01916 (Medium).JPG

Looks good. Wish you had blacked out the radiater support behind the grilles though. Is the red stripe the same paint code as inside of doors ?

Looks good. Wish you had blacked out the radiater support behind the grilles though. Is the red stripe the same paint code as inside of doors ?

Ben - I didnt know it was supposed to be black - it was silver when I got it.
Yes the paint code is the same on the doors but the dash is a different mat finish red.
Bill

Ben - I didnt know it was supposed to be black - it was silver when I got it.
Yes the paint code is the same on the doors but the dash is a different mat finish red.
Bill
I need that code for my doors.My car is white but has the red interior. If you need the folmula for SEM dye to match the 67 metalic red vynil, I have it.
About 75% of the restores I see are the same (body color behind the grilles). Not sure why though. Maybe because factory didn't tape out any defined lines there. They just shot the general area black , overspray though any open holes and all.
High impact colors show through alot worse. A matter of personal taste too I suppose. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Great looking Ride! I am glad to see someone that is making good progress. Keep up the good work!

Today is a wonderful day!! - it was alot of work but, my cars engine is finally back where it belongs, I still have a sheue load of periferal work to do before I can try to start it but, at least its back home again. I asked my wife to grab the camera and she took a shot of me in the heat of battle so - Ill post that too. I dont think ive been this fired up since I saw the paint job finished and with Carslile just a couple weeks away Im sure even more inspiration is on the way.
Hope you like the Pics --- :cheers:Bill

motor in 1.jpg

motor in 2.jpg

motor in 3.jpg

motor in 4.jpg

motor in 5.jpg

motor in 6.jpg

motor in 7.jpg

Looks fantastic Bill!
You and I are running "neck & neck" with the cars.
I love the red motor in that car! With all the red from the interior and the stripe, it looks like a custom job.
Wonderful job!

George

happiness is that right there!! good job.

the lil' 273 looks like she is smiling........

Well - I guess I will let everyone in on a little fopa I am going to have to deal with maybe it can help someone out there not make the same bonehead mistake I did. When installing motor mounts there is a right and wrong side. If you have them installed wrong you may be inclined to force things into place - even though you know things should go easier!! and then when you think your almost ready to try to start your engine you may find out your Radiator has absolutely no clearance from your fan. You may then scratch your head and stare at alot of things for several hours until you finally realize the error of your ways. I hope maybe this can save someone else the PITA I am now going to have to fix!! Hopefully soon I will have some positive update to post.
See Ya - Bill

Bill,

Mistakes happen even when you try your hardest to not let them happen. I know. There's things I have done to my ride that I wouldn't want to admit. And I haven't! LOL!

So don't feel to bad bud.:-D

-
Back