Restoration of Tom Myl's 1968 Super Stock BO29 Hemi Barracuda

-
This thread is one of the best ever.....

Just curious....are there any mods to the front opening for the tall tires?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

If I had to guess about the front fenders, I would say yes but I will take a look at them again. The fenders have had work done to them over time. (So many paint jobs and possible tall tires) They are still the original fenders.

We have a lot of cool stuff to add to this story. But need to save until the right time.

Stay Tuned!

Right now working on the inner fenders and the firewall, fixing holes from the roll Bar going through them.

thanks

Check out this video on this BO29 Barracuda
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHfnxszVcqk"]modbee.com- Dave Raybourn races NHRA Fram Autolite Nationals - YouTube[/ame]

awesome. I remember seeing it run at mission as well at one of the hemi shootouts.

in 1968 in Tulsa worlds points finals. i got to talk to Ronnie Sox standing next to his new BO29.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's some pictures of the fenders. They do not look like they have bin opened up. Some repair over the tire.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_6019.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,080
I was over Tony's today and working on the Barracuda when we found a few spots of the original Red paint and I compared it to on of the picture of the front fender. Did a side by side comparison, looks like a match.

The Black is George Fitzpatrick.

Attachments

• IMG_6102.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_6100.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • IMG_6097.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_6094.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,031
We need help with this build.

Looking for some parts. Anybody that helps out with the build there names will be mention in the restoration that will travel with the car. We are not looking for free parts just need help finding parts. We thought it would be nice to add everybody's name who helps out.

Parts needed
passenger side heater delete box
Hurst auto shifter console and cable
original 68 Hemi trans

More parts will be added as we go.

Or if you have any BO parts just pm me, we may need them.

Thanks for any help.

Its bin awhile on an up date.

All the metal work is done. Had to do a lot of work to the firewall fixing a lot of things that they eliminated over the years. Had to fix the wire harness bulk head hole, the heater blower motor hole, the wiper motor area and put the wiper motor studs back in and repair the holes from the roll bar going threw the fire wall.

The inner fenders needed repair from the roll bar that came in threw the wheel well area then enter into the front inner fender area to the front frame rails. We left the way they altered the passenger side shock tower over the years, just fixing the inner fender to the shock tower holes. They weld them up (inner fender to the shock tower, both sides). On driver side inner fender near the starter, they had positive and negative quick disconnect. Had to weld that up. I guess to pull the engine easier.

The Barracuda then went off to get media blasted. Now the Barracuda is getting the bodywork done. It is looking great.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_2596.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG_2595.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_2594.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_2593.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_2578-1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_2577-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 856
thanks for answering my fenderwell question.

This thread is truly a crowd pleaser...thanks!

Nice sheet metal work on this car!!!! are the Quarter panel repair sections lapped & glued?

liteweight

thanks for answering my fenderwell question.

This thread is truly a crowd pleaser...thanks!

Thanks for the complement

This has been awesome for myself, what an experience. I Have bin hands on a few things and finding the correct parts. I have learned so much about these Hemi Barracuda and Darts. I thought I new a lot before I started this restoration with Tony. But there is a lot more than you think.

This isn't like the average build.

[ame]http://youtu.be/MKZSqd5Y8nA[/ame]

And I was impressed with the quality before....................... NICE work!!!!

liteweight

The hardest is aligning the 47 year old front fiberglass fenders and hood.

Attachments

• IMG_3192.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_3190.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_3189.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 754
I know the temptation is to make it look as good as possible but they weren't perfect to begin with...

X2 on that the originals were pretty ruff in a lot of areas and panel fitment was one of them.

What motor are you using?

-
Back