Restoring Commando Valve covers

-
Leann does great work. I can spray and polish but nowhere close to what I got from PSC. toolmanmike

100_4066.jpg

spring break09 011.jpg

If I do these valve covers again, I'll let Leanna do them. I wish that Mopar would of made some of these for BB's.

I may let her do something to my PAW early Hemi valve covers one of these days. I hope that my 392 will be the next motor I build.

Thank you Mop and Toolman! :love7: I love what I do for a living and wouldn't trade it for anything.

MoparLee, I'd love to have some time with those 392 covers. The closest I've gotten so far was a pair for a Ford Cobra motor (huge!) ... and then a 341 DeSoto. The first thing the customer did after installation was grab a rag soaked in lacquer thinner to wipe off a stray dab of silicone. #-o :protest: :dontknow: :crybaby: All jobs I send out are now accompanied by a "Powder Coating Care Sheet."

I do my own valve covers. I have an eastwood setup. I use a heatgun to get the fins off. Don't use a torch, you run the risk of warping the cover and the fin.

Not to hijack the thread but... you can spend a fist full of dollars on which ever type of insulaters and later discover your aftermarket plug wires wont fit. Good luck

RedFish, that's not a hijack at all. I think anything having to do with Commandos is appropriate here.

And that's some great advice! I'll bet a lot of people didn't even think about that ... I know I didn't. LOL

Redfish, I had that problem of plug wires not fitting. I just put them on an old valve cover as a way to hold them and drilled them out.

-
Back