Retireing on August 31st

-
I wanted to wish you and your Daughter many safe and enjoyable trips. Enjoy each other's company and everything this land has to offer, after all You Deserve it after all the years you spent saving and protecting others!!

Proud Son of a retired firefighter.

It'll be too late to come up to Seattle. But next summer (late-July/ into August) would be nice...congrats and enjoy

Congradulations on your retirement.My dad has been retired for 20yrs now and says every day is saturday now.:D

With no alarm clock.....

Retired March 14, 2008, work Part Time for consultant firm....

Probably going to be re-retired in a couple of months...

Have fun and enjoy life...

With no alarm clock.....

Retired March 14, 2008, work Part Time for consultant firm....

Probably going to be re-retired in a couple of months...

Have fun and enjoy life...

I know where your coming from. I started turning wrenches again and after a year of that I gave my 2wks notice! Next thursday is my last day. to hard of work and this shop is crazy busy.

Thank you for your bravery in the fire department, there are many who are greatful for your many years of service. Enjoy your family, there is nothing mor important in life.

Thank you!
X2,. Congrats from a fellow smoke eater, and Chrysler techie,...your time off is well deserved.....

Wait,...Is that a tone from the local vollie's I hear???...just kidding...

Good for you! I retired back in December and I'm lovin' it! Watch out though, I find myself busier now than when I was working. :eek:)

So, how did the last day of work go and what's your plan on your first day to yourself?

It was GREAT! B/C and engine crew took me to breakfast and an unidentified couple paid for everyone's food, including huge tip for awesome waitress! Then at noon, as I was leaving the station for the last time, Dispatch gave me a final "tone out" followed by all stations wishing me a happy retirement. (it gave me goosebumps & I had a little tear in my eyes!)

Going to hide the alarm clock for a few days???

I may just unplug it for a while...LOL.

Enjoy brother Fireman, It's been one yr for me and I ain't missed jumping out of bed to the damn 911 dispatch system. But Trust me, your gonna miss the station life and the friends you made while on duty.

It was GREAT! B/C and engine crew took me to breakfast and an unidentified couple paid for everyone's food, including huge tip for awesome waitress! Then at noon, as I was leaving the station for the last time, Dispatch gave me a final "tone out" followed by all stations wishing me a happy retirement. (it gave me goosebumps & I had a little tear in my eyes!)

Great to hear you were honored by your department and some appreciative strangers on your final day. Thank you for all the years you risked your life for your community. Enjoy your retirement!

Congrats on your retirement,sounds like you have a lot planned.

Great to hear you were honored by your department and some appreciative strangers on your final day. Thank you for all the years you risked your life for your community. Enjoy your retirement!

Thank You!

Congrats on your retirement,sounds like you have a lot planned.

Now the real work/fun begins!

-
Back