Rev-N-Nator vs. FBO HRR688 ignitions

-
There used to be an add on TV or radio, I do not remember, DR Jacobs. It was an ignition upgrade or add on. Total BS. I'm with post #24.

I've run the FBO boxes in multiple cars for 10 thousands of miles with no failures.
Reliability is what I want.
It's about quality.
UTG has an interesting video about points verses HEI and dyno results.
IF wires are "stock" sizes , how much "extra" power/performances can one expect to push through stock wires and stock connectors.
Claims of dramatic improvements don't make sense to me.
Engine Masters had a great show on Motor Trend regarding that very subject

Pretty sure it was a Mopar 440

And you where comparing this Dyno Run / Rev N Nator ECU to what ignition box prior ?
Previously had a MoPar Orange box ECU. I had also tried out using an MSD 6AL....but I didn't like the unit, and it didn't fit with my restoration, so I got rid of it.

So I got the FBO box and wow! The car now runs really strong. Zero misfires and smooth as glass pedal to the floor. So happy I got it!

20210501_190747.jpg

Yes temporary. I actually taped and relocated right after this before I drove it. I am pulling it all apart this weekend and tidying it all up. Will repost after. Was just so excited about the change in the way it runs I took a quick shot and posted. All those wires will be gone through as I am going to trim everything back to shorter lengths to make it look better.

Ok so here is the final wiring for the FBO box and coil. Hopefully a little cleaner. If anyone see anything wrong let me know as I am still learning wiring. Also, Does anyone make covers for the coil terminals?

20210503_212141.jpg

That will certainly work for for you. They do make rubber boot terminal covers, don't usually see them on cars. I used them in several places in the airplane that I built. Aircraft Spruce and Specialties would be one source. If this had been my car, I would have mounted the coil and FBO module in the normal places, but that's just me, nothing wrong with your installation. Glad that you got it cleaned up and best of all it works for you!

That will certainly work for for you. They do make rubber boot terminal covers, don't usually see them on cars. I used them in several places in the airplane that I built. Aircraft Spruce and Specialties would be one source. If this had been my car, I would have mounted the coil and FBO module in the normal places, but that's just me, nothing wrong with your installation. Glad that you got it cleaned up and best of all it works for you!

The original orange box and an Accel coil (with custom bracket) were already mounted in those spots so I just chose to keep them there. I'll take a look on those sites. Funny you mention them as my dad build a Thorpe T18 and I have seen those sites before. Thanks for the info.

That's a scratch built plane, cudo's! I built an RV-4 from a basic kit, 10 yrs!

-
Back