Reverse back up lights

-

kjunhemi

Reaction score
Car is a 1970 Dodge dart. I am having an problem with my back up lights. I cleaned the sockes and terminals in the connectors and it appeared to be working. It comes on sometimes and sometimes it won't come on. I checked most of the wiring and it appears to be good. I am not getting power to the terminals anymore. I check the fuse and it is ok.Does this run through the neutral safety switch or can anyone tell me what to check next? I have to fix it to be able to get an inspection sticker.

Yup Same switch as the NSS. It has three terminals. The center one is the NS, the outer two switch the backup lights. It should come "up" from the trans to somewhere near the bulkhead connector and branch off from there.

Now specifically familiar with how your harness is routed

Yup Same switch as the NSS. It has three terminals. The center one is the NS, the outer two switch the backup lights. It should come "up" from the trans to somewhere near the bulkhead connector and branch off from there.

Now specifically familiar with how your harness is routed

Ok I will check the neutral safety switch this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

Man Louisiana is tough. Had no idea it wasn't working, let me know if you figure it out.

Yeah man you would think as crooked the politicians are down here it would be easy to get an inspection sticker. I cleaned the sockets and terminals first they were rusted up. They started working thought I have it fixed then next thing I know they stopped working again. By the way I put a 4 core aluminum radiator in it last weekend runs about 170 driving down the road with the A/C on It slowly climbs up at a stop light now but never got over 195. Seems to have helped out a lot. I had to cut the shroud in two pieces to mount it back up to the radiator but over all it looks pretty good. I will send you some pictures when I get a chance.

i wish i could help i know all my a bodies dont have back ups none of them came wit them had the little plug where they go i would say try to get one of them little plugs and put them on and see if they will pass it .... then try to fix it

My 67 cuda has a switch under steering column it is adjustable and sometimes does like yours it works then doesnt I have to spray it with a good cleaner about once a year then it works for 9 months and we do it again, I think they are adjustable also to some point.

The new Champion radiator is 16" tall x 22" wide the stock radiator is 17" tall x 22" wide if I remember correctly so I has to shorten the shroud up to make it fit. I had interference problems when trying to fit it up as is. FYI this is on my 70 Dart not my 73 dart sport.

Back to the lights, have you checked your grounds in the back?

Yes the grounds have been checked. I cleaned up all of the terminals including the ground wire terminals. I even took each wire out of the plugs and cleaned them up too.

-
Back