Rich Carb

-
in a stock car ,yes its important ,in a mildly modified street car you always set total.

You set initial, total, vacuum (if using it) and the curve. If the werent all important we would just lock them all out.

sorry adam, im correct. go back to page 1 and read all my posts.jeez,lay off the bananas

Set your timing the way you like. I will pay attention to the details of mine. No big deal.

it is a big deal adam, sorry for the banana reply but your profile kinda pi.... me off,lol electonic high performance electronic ignition distributor with performance curve and adjustable vac. advance .170,198 and 225 6 engines part number p3690789 3.9 litre v-6 p4529402 they even make the fast curve distributors for the little engines. these ar M.P. parts numbers,,,,,,,,if ya deny it why dont ya just try it,.ancient chinese secret but much more easy than the M.P method. the post tells a great way of gaining some decent low end and no it doesnt lean out or burn hotter ,nor does it make the car run hot. forget initial on anything performance related ,say anything 14seconds or quicker and this method works like a charm.Ya just have to forget initial .I run 13.5 to 1 and have no starting problems. the advance in the distributor actually retards the ignition for easier starts. meaningless. heck, they sell the kit for the slant 6s and the 3.9 this is just switching over its not performance.its what M.P. sells,there are no other choices as their the best. its mainly changing from points to electronic or lean burn to electronic. so try my method out and youll feel the difference ,betcha. ps ,they do make adjustable knob timing lights.think about you 2nd post up adam, yes the advance curve is important and when it all comes in at is also important. the total means all and will tell you your given ignition advance by revving to when your total advance is in fully and your at your desired degrees on the damper. the initial will be what it is but its normally around 14 to 18 but it just makes your car a tad bit better on performance.so your going to run 27 total to achieve 8 initial? that sux for speed.remember ,the spark advance or vacuum actually retards the engine on startup and its not a problem. can you change your profile into a pretty girl rather than a demonic lookin gorilla? lol take care, to each their own .

Im not sure what my avatar has to do with anything but I have changed it in your honor.

Im done with this thread how ever. I have stated my opinion and I stick by it.

now you have me confused....are you saying that a distributor with a vacuum advance makes more horsepower than a locked out unit that is all in at idle and 35 total ? is this the ancient chinese secret ? if this is so nascar needs to know about it

Looks way lean to me,and don't forget about all the alchohol or whatever that crap is they are diluting our fuel with,probably hard to restart after you drive to the store then go to restart it too.the gas here in florida smells like popcorn coming out the tail pipes,I went a step richer and mine got way better,it's got a 750 eddy carb,crane blazer cam performer intake headers,3"duals and was running perfect till the recent green fuel crap.there just playing games to make our cars obsolete and the new cars absolute jmo.anyway your plugs look lean and your mileage and performance will suffer.

Where the heck are you getting 57 from? You're only adding 13 degrees to your initial 22. Either I'm missing something, or you need to relearn simple math.....

first off adam I like your new look, 2nd 68 start from page 1 and no chinese fortune cookie for you, 3rd, waggons got some popcorn for you ,hes out there in left field ha,lol stick by your word a good man never follows, but the sheep who follow the blind one fall over the cliff. I think ya look great in the new avatar adam.now ya wanna talk about magnetos? I also stand by my word,ps. ya want me to buy a book. Ill let ya know when some of these folks respond that the way I do it is correct. why would a 170 slant 6 have a fast curve is the question

a mopar that turns over 8000 rpm, fascinating.im gonna put my duster as my new avatar cause that info isnt even worthy of mention.

from adams previous posts, maybe you should learn how to add?

from adams previous posts, maybe you should learn how to add?

are you just a know it all??? wow, you come off very pompous. ALL street driven vehicles should know what initial is set at. to know what centrifugal advance you have is IMPORTANT. like adam said, it helps throttle response. 57 total? what calculator do you use? i have an msd distributor that is set to 17* initial, with the 18* bushing for a total of 35. is my math wrong?? is my 400hp 360 a mildly modified street car?

i just can't believe how arrogant you come off. are you from moparts?

page 2 post number 40 cuda, 22 initial and 36 .oops thats 58 ,yeah your missing something and I cant add you just skipped right by it without noticing it cuda wear a hat out in them peanut fields

red, if you read the whole thread and dont understand I cant help ya.only trying to help and it to have helped burntseems

page 2 post number 40 cuda, 22 initial and 36 .oops thats 58 ,yeah your missing something and I cant add you just skipped right by it without noticing it cuda wear a hat out in them peanut fields

are you high?? what do you know about timing? you NEVER add your intial and total together. you SUBTRACT inital from total and you get CENTRIFUGAL/MECHANICAL.

damn. nice chevy hood asshole.

hahaha no, with vacuum advance the number would be 52 or 53 as stated red, ill take your comment as a compliment

oh and BTW i did read every post of yours. that is why i am writing what i am writing. you have a very large chip on your shoulder.

red, youneed anger management classes and a better attitude,its a 6 inch mopar cowl hood. keep reading the post a couple hundred times red and maybe youll get the point.here come the followers lol

red, youneed anger management classes and a better attitude,its a 6 inch mopar cowl hood. keep reading the post a couple hundred times red and maybe youll get the point.here come the followers lol

i don't need anger management. i just don't like know it alls. please define your idea of why inital is not important.

-
Back