Right front caliper froze up - recurring problem

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So it's on my 05 Ram... 6 months ago, rt frt caliper apparently froze up and toasted my pads and rotor. Do the brakes and all seemed well. A week ago, it froze up again. Like, tight enough when you let your foot of the brakes, the truck won't move at an idle. Another rebuilt caliper. This time from napa.

Yesterday - same thing. I know it's stuck again, because after a 10 mile run, the wheel is so hot you can't hold your hand on it. Bad rebuilt calipers 2x, or could the brake hose have collapsed, not letting the pressure back off? I also noticed a slight pull to the left when you 1st apply the brake.

Replace both brake hoses, They fail a lot. If we have to replace calipers we replace the hoses at the same time it saves on the come backs.

Agree to all. I have seen brackets rust, swell, and close off the hose. The insides of the hoses can deteriorate also.

I have seen the inside of the hose swell and close off. Drove myself half crazy trying to figure it out on a car about 20 years ago. Now if I have a caliper sticking I always replace the hoses first.

I just went thru the same thing last month with my wife's Saturn Vue. Left front brake was sticking, so I replaced both calipers. Day before yesterday, it did it again. I replaced both brake hoses yesterday, and the drivers side was stopped completely up. Next question is, why can't women follow instructions when they help you bleed brakes?! :BangHead:

Can't answer that JD. My wife is a good brake bleeder helper. It's the only thing she'll help me do in the garage..... At least she doesn't want to rearrange my tool box every 18 months like every other room in the house......lol

-
Back