Right rear sticking

-
I wouldn't doubt that u had an ongoing brake problem and just never noticed because the puked axle seal kept the shoes greased up and not working at all! Or even that ur wheel cylinder locked up a long time ago and over heated things causing the seal to leak. Like has already been said, push the wheel cylinder back and forth by hand, as u push one side in the other should push out, almost as if they were one piece, and it should be relatively easy.

You might be onto something there, I just reread the OP.

Bill, what was the repair issue??

The housing was messed up... The drivers side axle tube end was messed up so I had it replaced... When they jigged up the housing for the new end, they found the housing itself was bent.. Passenger side had to be straightened and trued up.. Then I switched from .355 to .391 gears...

I wouldn't doubt that u had an ongoing brake problem and just never noticed because the puked axle seal kept the shoes greased up and not working at all! Or even that ur wheel cylinder locked up a long time ago and over heated things causing the seal to leak. Like has already been said, push the wheel cylinder back and forth by hand, as u push one side in the other should push out, almost as if they were one piece, and it should be relatively easy.

This was the discussion tonight.. We are really leaning towards a bad wheel cylinder.. So Friday night we're gonna change it.. We have a show Saturday, so we'll see how it acts..

Not really sure, but the symptoms started after the changes.

I hope you find the issue in the wheel cylinder, that's a good place to start.

I know after I messed with my suregrip, it was so tight for a while it was like I had a spool in there. Going around corners it would hitch and almost feel like one wheel was locking up.

Not really sure, but the symptoms started after the changes.

I hope you find the issue in the wheel cylinder, that's a good place to start.

I know after I messed with my suregrip, it was so tight for a while it was like I had a spool in there. Going around corners it would hitch and almost feel like one wheel was locking up.

Im hoping for the wheel cylinder to be my problem as well.. Heres how the gear swap happened.. I had a 742 case with .355's in the Dart.. My buddy had a 741 with .391's in his Cordoba... He bought a set of .430 gears but needed my 742 case... so we swapped.. I have been in his car many times.. His rear made no noises, sure grip worked perfect.. So I am not leaning towards the gear swap at this point.. I am gonna start with the wheel cylinder and work my way in if I need to

Not on topic, but was this a clutch type? Did you add any friction modifier?

It was the wheel cylinder. The buggy is fixed. Took her for a spirited ride tonight. No noise and no sticking

Good deal, SpeedracerX! If you get the old wheel cylinder apart, and see anything bad, let us know.

So I spoke too soon... The wheel cylinder was bad, and needed replaced.. Still getting that noise from out back... It's in the rear somewhere... Not sure what's going on... Doesn't matter though.. The tranny I put in, broke... The buggy's season is over... I'm outta money to throw at the Dart for this year... I have things at home I need to focus my $ on..I'm gonna pull the tranny, I will have one completely rebuilt this winter, and make sure it's totally right before going back in... I will also tear the rear down again before next season to find out what went wrong.... Yesterday was just a depressing day.. I was really looking forward to cruising with the gang this season.... But like sports teams say, 'there's always next season'

Aww man! :sad: Sorry to hear about your trans troubles! I hope you find a way to get back cruisin soon. Give some thought to that limited slip additive for the gear oil. It may be all you need there. Keep us posted. Maybe we can help you out with the trans issue too.

-
Back