Rigid Arm Sway Bar- anybody used one of these?

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Has anybody used one of these?

HIGH QUALITY ANTI ROLL BAR/SWAY BAR THAT IS FULLY ADJUSTABLE, THIS CAN BE ADAPTED TO BOTH RACE OR STREET APPLICTIONS. THIS IS DESIGNED TO PRE-LOAD YOUR CHASSIS AND TO ELIMINATE SIDE TO SIDE BODY ROLL. TO HELP IMPROVE YOUR 60 FOOT TIMES & TO HELP EQUALIZE TRACTION, AND TO HELP THE CAR GO STRAIGHT OFF OF THE STARTING LINE ELIMINATES ALL TORQUE STEER AND BODY ROLL, THIS KIT INCLUDES 1-1/4 TORSION TUBE WHICH USES BRONZE OIL LITE BEARINGS WHICH ARE INCLUDED,COMES COMPLETE WITH STEEL ARMS THAT ARE A PRE WELDED ASSEMBLY. ARMS WILL NEED TO BE WELDED ONTO THE TORSION TUBE, THESE WILL NOT SLIP OR LOOSEN LIKE BOLT ON OR SPLINED ARMS WILL, KIT INCLUDES , ADJUSTER LINKS, 1/2" ROD ENDS AND ALL NECESSARY MOUNTING HARDWARE AND MOUNTING TABS. CAN BE MOUNTED IN FRONT OF OR BEHIND THE REAREND HOUSING. COMES COMPLETE WITH MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS.SOME WELDING REQUIRED, BUT THIS KIT IS VERY EASY TO INSTALL

This is made here by D-M Products and costs $159.00

Let me know
Andrew

swaybar.jpg

I have thought about making something similar to this with one of the old torsion bars from my Dart, but for that price, it may be worth it to buy.

I have never used one of those specifically, but I dont like the "sleeved" bar. Looks a like it may be for a street rod app more than the Missle.

We did a rear splined bar (cut to the specific size) and it was a pretty straight forward install. My front bar is RMS's for AlterK......which is what your doing for the front right?

To get the right size tube I gave the tech line my front bar size and took there recommendation

http://www.1speedway.com/Swaybars.htm

RJ,
yes im doing the alterK front bar. I think you did a straight arm set correct? I want to get the maximum width out of the arms by putting them under the frame rails but not infringing on the wheel wells.This would mean the offset arms. Im still kicking it around, but I need to get the rear end back under the car with some wheels on to get an idea of where i will have some room to mount everything.
Andrew

I did straight arms in the rear, with 345mm tires clearance becomes an issue.. I have the RMS sway bar in front (for now anyway).

Will these ant roll bars work with higher hp cars that are street strip?

these type of bars are very comon and on some big HP cars. They are used a bunch on Mustangs, we have one on my buddys mustang with a small block with a 88mm turbo and have run high 8's with it.

-
Back