Rim Blow switch replacement

-

Shannon Buff

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the rim blow horn switch? My wheel is in very good shape, but the dang rubber on the switch is cracking and falling off. I hate to spend 650 for a total restoration when all I need is a switch. Thank you for any advice

I can't give you any direction. I have had a couple of those wheels restored. And that is supposed to be a tricky process. Make sure to talk with someone who has done them. Good luck.

I can't give you any direction. I have had a couple of those wheels restored. And that is supposed to be a tricky process. Make sure to talk with someone who has done them. Good luck.
I guess I better just bite the bullet and send the wheel off to have the switch replaced. I cant tell how it is held on the wheel. Sounds like I need to leave this to the professionals.

I have one that needs done as well. Hope someone that has done a few will chime in.

20150730_173528.jpg

20150730_173517.jpg

Jerome Verbit used to do my wheels, but he passed a couple years back. He was really good with those. I really don't know who to refer you to.

I stumbed across one here a couple years back for cheap. It was in perfect shape just the wrong color and needing a new switch cable. Put a want ad up with pictures and see what you get.

Have done that on several occasions.

I have two rim blow wheels. 1 no cracks, no rim blow switch, the switch on the inside of the wheel. #2 has complete switch, but cracks....lol. I'm also interested in how hard it would be to remove the one that looks ok, and put it on the one that has no cracks and no switch.

Not everything. That is not the Rim Blow type as mentioned above, but for the 'regular' steering wheels there are two versions.

Standard & heavy duty for wheels with full or partial horn rings.
I believe the OP is talking about the rubber cord that goes around the inside of the wheel. correct me if I am wrong.

I looked it up on YouTube. Didn't have Mopar, but showed Ford and AMC. Looks easy enough, until you try it yourself. LOL Also found some resto shop for wheels that had the switch for over $200.

-
Back