Rimblo steering wheel

-

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
Could you get a Rimblo on a 70-71 Dart? If so, what was the code on the build sheet, and was it also on the fender tag?

Thanks!

not sure of the codes but i know you could get the rimblo on 70-71 darts i have seen two that were factory sorry but i have yet to learn the codes

yeah it was the same as the E body wheel i think even the center pad was the same except for the emblem on it maybe if you are talking about what would be the horn button. But to put one on an a body you have to use an adapter but i think it is the same adapter you use for the tuff wheel

can any of yall post a picture of one on here? ive actually never heard of one and id like to see one to further my knowledge.

here you go this is a picture of one on ebay this particular one is going for 1400 bucks (thats more than i paid for my car lol) anyway the center pad isnt the horn the horn actually blows from a pad that is in the center of the inside of the wheel you can kind of see the black rubber line in it just above the top spoke that is it that is why they call it a rimblo the horn blows from the rim of the steering wheel

rimblo.jpg

My '70 Dart has one - heads up.... it is a real pain with manual steering. Almost every time I would try and park I would grip the wheel and blow the horn! Finallt put in a cut-out switch.

I'd like to kick myself, saw two darts in a junkyard years ago with these in them.
Didn't pull them. uhhhhhh,was owned by an old man and he scrapped out a few years later.

Our Dart has one. It is a '71 Swinger. Previous owner broke the centre cap trying to use an allen wrench on it. You can hopefully get the idea though. Smooth cap, ally look ring made out of plastic, spoked wheel out to a woodgrain pattern rim that has a black plastic type ring all around towards the centre that is the actual horn push.

Cheers

dash.jpg

I'd like to kick myself, saw two darts in a junkyard years ago with these in them.
Didn't pull them. uhhhhhh,was owned by an old man and he scrapped out a few years later.

i grabbed one out of a low milage dart in a local yard like 3 years ago for $15. was gonna put it on my dart sine the original one i sold years ago because it was in bad shape... until i heard what i could get for it .. i put that bad boy on ebay and got $500 for it...:)

Nice. I've been kicking around the idea of selling mine so I could start buying engine parts. I could really care less what kind of wheel I have to steer the thing. I could get a nice GT for 150.00

Yeah funny thing about those, either it was too easy to blow or too hard to blow. Ford tryed similar things with the horn button too. They moved it to the signal wand for a few models. I can remember when one of Paul Harveys news comments was, "Ford moves horn button back to the center of the steering wheel where God intended it to be." I guess he was right since it's still there today, even with airbags.

Has anyone ever seen the three spoked wheel on a 1970 Dart?? I haven't, but have seen many on the 1971 Darts. The rimblo wheel that two of my 1970 Darts have had were the plush two spoke wheels, just like the ones used in Imperials. I used to honk the horn parking and driving around corners fast.

-
Back