RIP Robin Williams

-
Part of facing your fears is joking and making fun of them. Another one of my favorite comedians committed suicide also, Richard Jeni. He was bi-polar and the depression swing got the best of him also. It seems that comedy is part of how they dealt with some of their issues.

It's ironic that people that made us laugh so much, were actually so sad.....

Funny you mention that Karl, my Dad had a great sense of humor and was sarcastic as hell. He showed me love affection and guidance, but I think he dealt with a lot of his emotions thru his humor. It was his "release".

There are many comedians who have had bad depression:

Woody Allen
Drew Carey
Jim Carrey
Loius CK
Rodney Dangerfield
Ellen DeGeneres
Stephen Fry
David Letterman
Richard Lewis
Conan O'Brien
Patton Oswalt
Sarah Silverman
Owen Wilson

The list goes on! TIME Magazine even wrote an article about comedians and depression.

its sad to see someone that was in such a dark place he really made sure he was gonna die..may his soul be at rest

very sad as he was a great actor and even better comedian.

R.I.P. robin.

Just a taste of what the world has lost. This guy was so funny.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4"]Robin Willims - Golf (full version) - YouTube[/ame]

Funny man. Very good to our troops. RIP Robin Williams.

I'm disappointed in the knowledge that he took his own life, though, and I hope the media's fawning coverage of his death doesn't foster copy cats. Too Sad.

Funny man. Very good to our troops. RIP Robin Williams.

I'm disappointed in the knowledge that he took his own life, though, and I hope the media's fawning coverage of his death doesn't foster copy cats. Too Sad.

Indeed. There were three separate stories about him on Fox yesterday at one point.

The latest reports are saying that he slit his wrists AND hung himself...

So did he slit the wrists and then hang himself, or hang himself and then slit the wrists? Sounds kind of hard to pull all of that off at once...

One or the other should have done it...

From what I read, he tried his wrist first and evidently that wasn't workin for him.

-
Back