Ritter 59 degree iron block

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Anybody have any new info???? just spoke to Mr Ritter .... he states 2900 for iron block and only machining neede will be honing and boring ... Anybody ??? i think i am going bigblock unless i hear good things about them ..

I guess 2900 is too much for us, and there have been some who have posted in the past about stuff like getting one and like the area for the thrust bearing was not machined. I bet sales are slow, so ask Kent if U can inspect it and then discuss $ any problems?

There is only one or two out there known in the boards to be up and running. The first one needed a lot of work but was a sound block.

$2900 for what he has and it's likely possible performance levels is an excellent price.

There is only one or two out there known in the boards to be up and running. The first one needed a lot of work but was a sound block.

$2900 for what he has and it's likely possible performance levels is an excellent price.

My buddy bought one but has not done much with it. it a 48 degree he has W9 Heads

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

If your willing to shell out that much add a couple grand and go all aluminum big block best of all worlds.

Plus I bet that block shrinks the weight advantage of going small block quite a bit.

If your willing to shell out that much add a couple grand and go all aluminum big block best of all worlds.

Plus I bet that block shrinks the weight advantage of going small block quite a bit.
who is making a alum. big block now ?

I ordered one for my build just waiting for the machine work to be done and then sent to me, mine will be a 59 degree due to I'll be running edelbrock magnum heads

I ordered one for my build just waiting for the machine work to be done and then sent to me, mine will be a 59 degree due to I'll be running edelbrock magnum heads
Let me know how much you have in machine work for short block .. minus rotating assembly... Thanks

Will do, need to write him and see where we are at with my block so I can get it off to my machine shop for the final bore and just to check it all out. Will post here and on my build thread.

Yikes! My buddy had one for awhile......until Mr Ritter finally gave him his money back. Can't even begin to tell you of the many problems. Hop on over to Moparts, unlawful engine section and do a search. Maybe he has got the bugs worked out.....

Just find an R3 somewhere. They're around. Just have to look a bit.

He has done updates on the molds from feedback with guys on the moparts forum. That's why I haven't gotton mine yet. There's a guy over there with a 420 ritter block up and running, course his is aluminum.

Heard all the R&D went into the aluminum deal and the cast iron is fading fast. I know of 1 iron Ritter running. I'm sure as hell no authority, but I do have "a buddy" who is.

Hope he does have it all "ironed" out by now. He DID stand by his product, in my friends case.

Well we shall see, I was searching on the moparts for a while before I ordered, talked to a few of the guys, some had the first molds and those were junk, one also said that they are the same mold just depends on the material you wanted. But hopefully it all is good and I can be the second iron block you know running :) and hopefully handling a twin turbo set up. I'll be getting the block next week and dropped off soon to my machine shop to have it gone through.

Twin turbo....man sounds awesome. Hope all goes well. Be sure to keep us updated!

Hope so too. Yep and fuel injected as well. I will here and my build thread in force induction section

Or add 1grand for an aluminum Ritter block and increase the weight advsntage of staying SB .

Cast iron block is going to be it .... Ritter currently working with a engine builder to get iron block where it needs to be for minor machine work .

Cast iron block is going to be it .... Ritter currently working with a engine builder to get iron block where it needs to be for minor machine work .
Yeah I think that builder might actually be our good friend at IMM ,last time I spoke to him he mentioned talking to Ken about using one of his blocks for his SB Victor head test project .

Allen Sherman (Trumble Racing Engines) built a iron Ritter/Ebrock Victor head mill for a super street fastback Baracuda. While they've been concentrating on their 10.90 package, it has run some pretty stout numbers. Pretty much the first Victor head/Super V intake combo running. There's an update in the "moparts racing" section on this very engine.

Shiloh Davies out on the west coast has his Brett Miller/W8/Ritter deal running. It's been a battle from what I've seen from a machine work deal (QMP did the work I believe), but he did it! It's gone 8's at Fontana still on leaf springs and skinny tires. :)

-
Back