RMS AlterKtion Frontend Package Pics

-

69DarttoArt

Reaction score
Hello guys, here are the pics of the RMS AlterKtion frontend package for our '69 Dart project. It ran the owner around $5600 thru Bouchillon Performance and was packaged with the 6.1 Hemi and many other parts on a large purchase with discounts. We upgraded the package to include the large Wilwood red calipars and cross drilled and slotted rotors and optional tow loop. I agree it was over priced, but saved me time and bolted right in. I put the entire assembly together twice (once in primer and once with painted A-arms) this summer to test fit everything and to take it out to our local Woodburn Dragstrip for "Mopar Day". Here are the pics.

Attachments

• Dart_888.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,027
  • snapshot_910.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 932
  • snapshot_001.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 944
  • 69 Dart 904.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 972
  • 69 Dart 903.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 984
  • 69 Dart 902.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 997
  • 69 Dart 906.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 932
Wow, I wish I could find some TTI headers in the gutter. ;)

Good lookin' install, the Gen III Hemi just looks so damn good at home in an A-Body.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Looking real good.....Can we get a good shot of those rims ?
They look like chromed rally's with caps NICE !

Looks really good. The Alter k with the 6.1 are both the best you can get. Keep up the great work and post more pics of the setup and the whole car if you could. I have always loved that year dart. Congrats!

I dont know what I could say to inspire you. How about this,
I want to drive it when its ready. If amything would cause me to dream of spending so much on my old Plymouth...
I cant understand why they wouldn't or couldn't move the engine about an inch forward. Good luck with it.

Thanks for all the props guys, I and the owner (Woody) really do appreciate it. He for the BIG bucks he is spending and me for the hard work. Let me try to answer the questions I saw. Yes, those damn TTi headers were like $700 to $800 but flawless!!!
They are Wheel Vintques modular rallye look-a-likes, yes with stock center caps. 18" rears and 17" front to fit over the huge Wilwood discs....$604 a piece OUCH. GMachineDartGT I really like your Plumb Crazy '72 Dart....if that's what it is, very nice stance and look. The Wilwood hub cone is smaller then the open round cut out of wheel, fit just fine. Yes, Joe the radiator was from Bouchillon as well, we didn't like or want the mushroom top cap, so we ordered it with a flat modern top. Thanks I like it too.

Thanks for all the props guys, I and the owner (Woody) really do appreciate it. Let me try to answer the questions I saw. Yes, those damn TTi headers were like $700 to $800 but flawless!!!

Are those the 1-3/4" or 2" headers? Bill Reilly says the 2" ones fit better and do not "capture" the starter like the 1-3/4's do.

What starter did you use with them?

Are those the 1-3/4" or 2" headers? Bill Reilly says the 2" ones fit better and do not "capture" the starter like the 1-3/4's do.

What starter did you use with them?

Right off the top of my head I don't know about the headers or the starter. I am out in Kansas right now, I will be back working on the Dart on Friday this week. I will get back to you. Both are from Bouchillon Performance, they took care of us.

Not to highjack, but the headers in the picture above are the 1.75" ones that capture the starter. I did that prototype in 06 and tried to also have them fit stock suspension. The 2" ones I did for only our stuff and I moved more tubes around. They make you run the steering shaft through the headers, but the starter isn't captured. The 1.75 headers need the master power starter with the adjustable snout to clear the one tube...its really tight at the back of the solenoid...

While I'm thinking of it... The engine setback is the factory bellhousing location. I did this so all the headers, factory tranmissions, and kits would fit as intended. On request, we can move the engine forward or back as you wish, but the default is stock location.

While I'm thinking of it... The engine setback is the factory bellhousing location. I did this so all the headers, factory tranmissions, and kits would fit as intended. On request, we can move the engine forward or back as you wish, but the default is stock location.

I wish I would of known this before I ordered it all. My Hemi sits so close to the firewall I was thinking about cutting it out. Hopefully the T56 sits up tight to where I want it.

Riddler

Well, the trade off is that moving it forward screws up oil pan and header clearances. Some people don't mind modifying those things, but most just aren't equipped to do it, so we keep everything in the easiest location. Moving the rack forward would fix that, but steering geometry would then suffer, and I won't compromise on that for any kind of street car. It's all a very tight-fitting puzzle with some of these engines and there isn't a lot of room to move things and fit it all. Often, just a half inch in any direction will cause something to hit something else that would require more custom stuff to fix.

-
Back