RMS Alterktion with power rack, what pump?

-

roylerumble

Reaction score
I installed the Reilly Motorsports Alterktion front end with a power rack and pinion. The kit came with hoses with flair fittings, the factory federal pump uses a bump tube fitting and o ring. Both have 5/8" 18 tread per inch pitch, but I cannot get a seal for obvious reasons. I've been to several automotive shops, hot rod shops, hydraulic shops, and no one can help me short of cutting up the old hose and braising it onto a fitting to make an adapter.

Before I go ahead and do this, I figured I'd see if anyone had any solutions to this, or, if the factory Federal pump is even suitable for a rack and pinion or if it's too high a pressure pump. If so, what should I look at replacing it with.

Thanks

I have the RMS suspension on my 68 416. Also has a power rack. I used a Saginaw pump and change the power supply to a Flaired fitting type.

I used a Saginaw pump. Don't remember any special hoses or anything. It was a long time ago though.

I have the hemi denny HDK system in my a body with power rack and used the Unisteer pump this is for a b body but doesn't make any difference on the
pump https://www.jegs.com/i/Unisteer/668/8010730-01/10002/-1 as I remember I got it from Summit they didn't list it had to make a part number you would have to get ahold of Unisteer for their part number

-
Back