Roadkill Mopar Muscle Truck Cooling Fan

-

gzig5

Reaction score
Just watched Roadkill season 2 episode 21 where they put a built 408 into Dulcich's D100 truck. At about the 3:00 mark, he explains his "secret" to keeping the truck cool with the factory radiator. He modified the OE shroud to work with an oversize seven blade clutch fan that moves a lot of air, but doesn't divulge what the fan came from. I tried a few google searches but didn't come up with any information. Does anyone know or recognize what this fan might have come from originally?
upload_2021-3-9_13-57-12.png

Just watched Roadkill season 2 episode 21 where they put a built 408 into Dulcich's D100 truck. At about the 3:00 mark, he explains his "secret" to keeping the truck cool with the factory radiator. He modified the OE shroud to work with an oversize seven blade clutch fan that moves a lot of air, but doesn't divulge what the fan came from. I tried a few google searches but didn't come up with any information. Does anyone know or recognize what this fan might have come from originally?
View attachment 1715704739
Im sure there is no secret. It Looks like a regular old 19" B/C/E and truck fan blade.

Jake

Maybe no secret but he states that he reworked the stock shroud to work with a way oversized, seven blade clutch fan. Which makes me surmise that that is not the fan the truck was born with. I don't have the original fan in my e-body to compare with, but most of the small block fans I've seen pictures of, don't have such a wide, paddle shaped blade.

Maybe no secret but he states that he reworked the stock shroud to work with a way oversized, seven blade clutch fan. Which makes me surmise that that is not the fan the truck was born with. I don't have the original fan in my e-body to compare with, but most of the small block fans I've seen pictures of, don't have such a wide, paddle shaped blade.
Call him up. I’m sure he let you in on the secret. Seems a nice fellow.

Same one i got in my 88 d250 with a 318.....or now a 360....

Call him up. I’m sure he let you in on the secret. Seems a nice fellow.
I'd love to talk his ear off. I agree he seems to be down to earth. I saw he used to post on BangShift but hasn't in six years.

I'd love to talk his ear off. I agree he seems to be down to earth. I saw he used to post on BangShift but hasn't in six years.
Isnt he a member here?

actually looks to me like a mid-80s Dippy cop car fan

I saw he used to post on BangShift but hasn't in six years.

Isnt he a member here?

People like Steve D, Dave F, Tony D, get tons of **** when they post by people needling and picking apart there builds and doings. So they stay off the grid. While a few of the celebrities have stated the do indeed surf the web and forums, you can bet every dollar you have it won’t be under there known names. So, IF they are registered here, you’ll have to figure out who they are.

looks a lot like this
20" MOPAR V-8 DODGE PLYMOUTH FAN #3462186 ROAD RUNNER GTX SATELLITE... 7 BLADE
s-l1600.jpg

I can confirm two things:
- they are at least 20" in diam
- they move a ton of air

Many years I rigged up a fan tester to see how much air the fans pulled. I had about 10 fans of different brands I wanted to test.
The above fan was the best. It has been in my GTO for many years now. Had to trim a little of the blade tips to get it fit my shroud.

-
Back