Not open for further replies.

cudak888

1-Baker-11
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
OK, OK, I get it: It's not Mopar!

But I'll be darned if I have any accounts on any Chevy forums, and our county's very last pick-and-pull closed in 2019, so I have very few sources to turn to that I know. Seeing as many of us are shadetree hot rodders, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone around here might have this, so here goes:

I'm looking for a junkyard fresh Rochester TBI unit, any possible associated wiring from one, a computer for the whole enchilada if one just so happens to be available. All OEM stuff off a Chebby truck from 1995 or earlier and some other General Mistake products. Basically, this thing and the umbilical cord of wires and crap tied to it.

Cheaper always = better, provided you're honest about any known issues.

IMG_1724-1024x768.jpg

Also, if anyone happens to have a used adapter plate for TBI to 4-barrel squarebore, I'm also interested. Anything except the bare steel Trans-Dapt part. Something like this:

s-l1600.png

Thanks for the help (and for keeping an open mind about Chevy TBI on a Mopar).

-Kurt

look at the paint color on the injectors , its important I think orange and brown were off the 350 and yellow and blue were off 305's and the 4.3 l is also different but will all bolt up

I think I got the whole TBI, ECU and harness off a 360 TBI truck. Ill never use it. doesnt have a IAC, it used a throttle kicker. Its a Holley for Mopar but looks similiar

That's conventional two-barrel to square bore, as 67Dart273 pointed out.

The Rochester TBI is an offset three-bolt pattern, like the picture I included. I believe this three-bolt TBI pattern is shared with Holley Pro-Jection.

Speaking of that Mr. Gasket adapter - that's one hell of a messy looking one-size fits all setup. I wonder how much turbulence those nut adapters create in the transition area.

I think I got the whole TBI, ECU and harness off a 360 TBI truck. Ill never use it. doesnt have a IAC, it used a throttle kicker. Its a Holley for Mopar but looks similiar

360 TBI - that's the '88-91 pre-Magnum unit, right? This is going on an '89 LA 360 with Magnum heads on it, so it's basically what I got rid of.

If it's the stock unit, I'll pass. From what I've read, they're a bit fiddly, and I'd prefer to rely on the Rochester system just because of the amount of knowledge out there about them.

I believe the TBI units are a special pattern

OP--Holley used to make a 2bbl TBI "Pro-jection" I don't know if the Holley bolt up is same as Rochester or not. So the Holley adapter would be to mount a 2bbl Holley TBI unit on either a 2 or 4bbl "standard" American V8 setup

They are a different pattern. Three bolts and offset the same as the Holley 2-barrel Pro-Jection.

Honestly, I wouldn't say no if someone put a complete Pro-Jection system under my nose for dirt cheap, but there's a lot more experience and knowledge out there about the Rochester/GM setup that I can fall back on.

-Kurt

Last edited:
The first pro-jection worked but wasn't all that adjustable with only 3 pots to adjust but it did work. Ill use my tbi(only) for a MS build, maybe on my Mazda B2000.

Too bad you don't want the TransDapt steel adapter. I have one here that I don't even know where it came from. Postage and it's yours.

I believe the TBI units are a special pattern

OP--Holley used to make a 2bbl TBI "Pro-jection" I don't know if the Holley bolt up is same as Rochester or not. So the Holley adapter would be to mount a 2bbl Holley TBI unit on either a 2 or 4bbl "standard" American V8 setup

Just drill and tap the holes to the preferred bolt pattern. They work very nice.

Screenshot_20210530-082245_Gallery.jpg

This is a a Mopar Mid Rise Dual Plane TBI intake manifold drilled for the Edelbrock 4 bbl adapter. For those that don't want to deal with the throttle body electronics.

Screenshot_20211122-184520_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad you don't want the TransDapt steel adapter. I have one here that I don't even know where it came from. Postage and it's yours.

LOL - Ok, you've convinced me to give it a try, if nothing else. Will send a DM.

I'll pay it forward if I decide not to keep it. That work?

Just drill and tap the holes to the preferred bolt pattern.

Easier said than done on a 4-barrel M1 intake. There are no Magnum-compatible two-barrel intake manifolds (unless you count the MPFI variants, which are their own pattern).

-Kurt

Well and then there's always "my" approach................

LMFAO Anybody figure out what this is?

img_1024-jpg-jpg.jpg

The quick story is you are looking at a DIY "hacked" adapter--from a plate of aluminum--in this case to bolt an Ed 4bbl (that is what I had) to an EFI manifold in order to test run the engine

img_1036-jpg.jpg

Adapter arrived - and thank you so much for it (and for convincing me to go this route). It's much beefier than I ever expected it to be. Looking forward to digging up that TBI unit (and eventually an EFI tank) so I can start plumbing this beast together.

20211126_205307-resized-001.jpg

-Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back