Rockauto close out

-

383Duster

Reaction score
I just ordered the calipers, rotors and hoses to do the Scarebird conversion on my 70 Duster. All of the parts were on closeout, Bendix hoses, Beck Arnley rotors and Auto Specialty loaded calipers. The total delivered to my door for it all was $106.

do you have the parts numbers from Rockauto? to share I would like to do the same mod on my car.

The parts I ordered are;
Bendix (hose)

Beck/Arnley (rotor, you need 2))

Autospecialty / Kelsey-Hayes (loaded caliper)

have fun

The rotors above are incorrect............
The Scarbird website says Toyota Previa rotors with no other info.....well I am in the process of putting this on my Duster and discovered the rotors are too large. It seems you need to order the Previa rotors with rear DRUM brakes. If you order front Previa rotors with 4 wheel disc brakes you will get the wrong one. I have let Scarebird know he needs to update his web site....the instructions that came with my Scarebird caliper mounts do state the correct rotor.

Bendix,eliminating old stock.Beck Arnley(owned by Napa),Probably reboxed old inventory,make sure they meet specs!Auto Specialty,same as the rotors.Great stuff,just make sure all fits.

The rotors above are incorrect............
The Scarbird website says Toyota Previa rotors with no other info.....well I am in the process of putting this on my Duster and discovered the rotors are too large. It seems you need to order the Previa rotors with rear DRUM brakes. If you order front Previa rotors with 4 wheel disc brakes you will get the wrong one. I have let Scarebird know he needs to update his web site....the instructions that came with my Scarebird caliper mounts do state the correct rotor.
rotors

Do you know a part number for the correct rotors? I'm gonna do this conversion on my 71 swinger and need advice on parts. Thanks.

I just ordered the calipers, rotors and hoses to do the Scarebird conversion on my 70 Duster. All of the parts were on closeout, Bendix hoses, Beck Arnley rotors and Auto Specialty loaded calipers. The total delivered to my door for it all was $106.
If it's a closeout sale, does that mean they're not going to carry them anymore??

hey 383 Duster not familiar with this conversion.Do you have more details.I've got a 68 dart 270 that I'm looking to switch over to LBP disc.(from 10 inch drums)
thanks mike

If you use the search funtion here you will find tons of threads on Scarebird brake conversions. Also Google Scarebird and you should be able to find their web site pretty easy.

hey 383 Duster not familiar with this conversion.Do you have more details.I've got a 68 dart 270 that I'm looking to switch over to LBP disc.(from 10 inch drums)
thanks mike

thanks mike

the scarebird set up is a small bolt pattern disk brake conversion

for large bolt disk conversion you want to use the stock late single piston factory mopar set up

Just FYI: for those who are stocking up on the conversion parts, be aware that Scarebird is currently out of the 9" brackets. I just put in an order a couple days ago and received a notice that it might be 2 weeks before it's ready. I don't know if this applies to the 10" bracket or not. I'm in no rush so it doesn't affect me but thought I'd throw it out there in case one of you is in a rush...

hey i know this is older thread but is there a part number for the spindle hubs and lug nuts?:D

You use the spindles and hubs from your drum brakes. I bought a complete set of lug nuts off of eBay....

-
Back