Rocker arms upgrade?

-

340duster340

Reaction score
Not many options on jegs what are you running?

20231209_125700.jpg

I didn't say I was selling anything, I was going to look for comparison.

Are you looking for the best fitting bolt on roller rocker?

Find a set of adjustable rockers from a early 273 is what I would do. If you get new stamped style make sure you have them clearanced for the spring retainers. Even though 340's and 318 look the same they are machined to fit the larger diameter 340 spring retainers. Same as 273 adjustables they also need to be clearanced.

The best? T&D. There are other quality manufacturers, comp cams, harland sharp, dove, Hughes engines to name a few. Personally I wouldn’t run aluminum rockers on the street much less a daily driver. I don’t like needle bearings either. Comp makes steel roller rockers but only in 1.5 ratio.

The best? T&D. There are other quality manufacturers, comp cams, harland sharp, dove, Hughes engines to name a few. Personally I wouldn’t run aluminum rockers on the street much less a daily driver. I don’t like needle bearings either. Comp makes steel roller rockers but only in 1.5 ratio.
Dove is still in biz?
Also why not aluminum rocker on the street?
I wouldn’t run needle bearing rockers myself ether.
Call Mancini and get 273 rockers.
I like this.

What would those be?
For what purpose? I have run Comp rockers for a long time now. I haven’t had a problem with them. I also have t taken apart the head to inspect if there is an issue. Most of how it is, is in the setting up of the rockers, the geometry & how the roller tip rolls across the valve tip.

Contact member B3RE & ask for his help for the best rocker for what ever cylinder head you have on top because a different cylinder head can appreciate a different rocker more than another. It’s all in the design of the rocker and the head it’s going on.

There are rocker set ups made specifically for an Edelbrock head as well as for a Trick Flow head. So contact Mike @B3RE.

Dove is still in biz?
Also why not aluminum rocker on the street?
Not sure if dove is or is not still in business.

Aluminum? Let’s call it a personal preference. I’m not looking for an argument.

But I will tell you anyway. Aluminum has a fatigue limit. I’m not sure where that is, but I’m not willing to find out. For a race only engine where parts are maintenance cycled, its the deal.

Just like the stamped steel stock ones, work real well with lower lift cams. Go too high and risk poking a push rod through. I believe that was the idea with the street hemi grind cams, designed to work with stock valve train.

Are you Rob from Charles Servedio’s YouTube channel?

Aluminum? Let’s call it a personal preference. I’m not looking for an argument.
No problem or argument there.
But I will tell you anyway. Aluminum has a fatigue limit. I’m not sure where that is, but I’m not willing to find out. For a race only engine where parts are maintenance cycled, its the deal.
Roger Roger.
Just like the stamped steel stock ones, work real well with lower lift cams. Go too high and risk poking a push rod through. I believe that was the idea with the street hemi grind cams, designed to work with stock valve train.
Very true.
Are you Rob from Charles Servedio’s YouTube channel?

Yes sir, that is I. Now you know what my ugly mug looks like.
(He cracks me up every time he calls me GQ.)

What kind of specs were on the Street Hemi grinds? Old school with lots of duration and not a ton of lift?

What kind of specs were on the Street Hemi grinds? Old school with lots of duration and not a ton of lift?
.471/.474 lift, 284 duration, 60 degrees overlap, 109 intake lobe centerline.

Small block that is.

Last edited:
Big block is the same except 106 intake lobe centerline and not sure what overlap was, I’d have to look at my direction connection catalog.

Sounds like fun.

It was, 1977-81. Totally changed the character of the engine. I still have 2 although they are not in real good shape. Was thinking of having a core ground with those specs with a more modern lobe profile.

No problem or argument there.

Roger Roger.

Very true.

Yes sir, that is I. Now you know what my ugly mug looks like.
(He cracks me up every time he calls me GQ.)
I just love the videos you guys did together.
All his content is awesome, alot can be learned, but the mopar content is truly special.

IF you can find a set, Mopar performance made the 340 rocker arm set. They have much thicker cross sections to address just that problem. They are still the factory stamped steel rockers, but a much heavier duty version. IF you can find them.

-
Back