rockers help

-

tekslk

Reaction score
If I put these rockers on my 360 engine do I need anything else to go with them? ebay number 261717461363 they are crane 1.6 Will they work with my stock shafts, and pushrods?

Picture Information

Image is loading Crane-1-6-Rocker-Arm-Small-Block-Mopar-16-pc-P-N-69771-16

Mouse over image to zoom

Have one to sell? Sell now

Details about Crane 1.6 Rocker Arm Small Block Mopar 16 pc P/N 69771-16

If you copy and paste the ebay number it will take you there. thanks.

Running hyd cam and lifters now, just thought Ide up date to 1.6 rockers over the winter. Arent the speedmaster Chinese? I think I would just as soon spend a little more for the crane rockers. Chinese price is nice but what will they cost me next year when they fly apart? These are going on a 360 with eddy heads double valve spring, if I upgrade.

You are going to need pushrods too. Right now if you are running stock stamped rockers, you have ball/ball pushrods, you'll need ball/cup pushrods for those rockers. Best to measure once you have the rockers installed.

Is there a standard length that you can just order, like 7.45 7.25 etc?

Is there a standard length that you can just order, like 7.45 7.25 etc?

Maybe, but it really would be better to get a pushrod measure tool and check it. If you have to have them custom ground, it would make sense to just do it once.

Off the shelf pushrods for hydraulic flat tappet cams with adjustable rocker arms have a length of 7.33 inches and these are available from comp, crane and others. I agree with the previous post. You want to add 1.6's to get a little more out of the engine. Measuring the correct pushrods length for your specific engine setup of heads, deck height, ... will help ensure you get the most from your investment and minimize the chance of lifter pump up. Off the shelf will likely be fine. Check all clearances as discussed above and if the intake is off you can measure lifter preload or clearance from the plunger to the snap ring when the lifter is on the cams base circle. You do not want the clearance to be too large. Usually around 0.025 is fine.

Im probably just a little anxious and wish to do it all in one setting rather than order parts when its tore down.

May have to slow down or listen to the old I tried to tell ya ****. Thanks everyone.

Looks like we need oil out in the garage before we buy rockers and stuff.

-
Back