Rockers question

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I just bought a set of adjustable rockers from a 273 motor, I got the complete package, My question is can I just buy 1.6 rockers and exchange them for the ones that are on this set up or do I need something completely diffrent?

Just chose a cam with the lift you want.

you can buy 1.6 rockers; just kinda wonder why you didn't just go there first.

I got the whole 273 set up with push rods at a good price, after watching the prices of complete 1.6 rockers I was thinking I might save some money.

if you can find 1.6 rockers in ductle iron then yes.they used to be reasonable,but now they are as much as aluminum roller rockers...so you are better off starting with the grind tou want...

Will roller rockers work with my set up? Hyd cam and lifters? Maybe I should go a diffrent way here.

yes..roller rockers will work...hydraulic..or solid cams..

I was looking for a hyd rocker not roller there is lots of rollers on line no to decide what to get.

hydraulic rocker?

you have adjustable rockers and non adjustable rockers...

you have roller tip or non roller tips....

you have adjustable rockers with roller tips or non roller tips...

some rockers ride on roller bearings some do not...

take a pick...

I have non adjustable now but just bought a set of adjustable 273 rockers with push rods. I think if I put them in to go to a 1.6 rocker. Sorry for the confusion, Im the one confused.

I have non adjustable now but just bought a set of adjustable 273 rockers with push rods. I think if I put them in to go to a 1.6 rocker. Sorry for the confusion, Im the one confused.

You might want to confirm what you have for pushrods. If they are OEM 273 pushrods which were used with those adjustable rockers, they will be too long to work with hydraulic lifters, if that's what your planning on using. The cup in solid lifters tends to be deeper in the body necessitating the longer pushrod. There is about a 1/4" difference.

Does that mean my stock push rods will work? These supposeably came out of a running 340

if you have the correct pushrods and Loco said about...you can swap out to 1.6 rockers.....and in fact...you can run 1.6s on the intake valves....with 1.5 on the exhaust...and vice a versa...

as long as you dont put your valve spring into coil bind....or have the valve and piston kiss...

-
Back