rockt mtn dash/gauges

-
Ok so for now I have purchased a plastic insert from Redline Gauge Works but really want a RMD setup. I can make it myself, I think, but was curious if anyone has a blueprint of the dimensions and specs of the RMD setup? If so can someone PM me.

so, how is the Redline piece?

It's ok. It definitely works better than the stock. It's a bit cheap in quality and it's plastic. The mounting holes weren't exact, but again. It works lol. Still looking for the look and quality of the RMD.

looks good man...

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

JOE those gauges are wild,,,,what the heck are they ??

Ok so for now I have purchased a plastic insert from Redline Gauge Works but really want a RMD setup. I can make it myself, I think, but was curious if anyone has a blueprint of the dimensions and specs of the RMD setup? If so can someone PM me.

See that there is one for sale on Moparts A-body for sale stuff.

Well guys I have read thru this. I am starting to make them. Yes the materials are a very big cost. Then the time to do the work. I totaly understand why Mike had is prices where he did. I will see what we can do about that. Not sure how much these are going to cost as of yet.

I also bought an insert from Redline, I just got it yesterday. I wanted a RMD but was to late. I might be interested in one of these dashes but I would want to run 2 5/8 gauges. I wear really thick glasses and dont want to have to take time and concentrate on looking at gauges. The bigger ones I could just glance and see them.

NOS speedo cluster, are they sold anywhere? too much to ask?

i see year one does a rebuild&reface, anyone have this done?

Thinking about building my own insert. I kind of like a more symmetrical look, so I'm thinking (3) 3 3/8" gauges, speed, tach, and a quad gauge centered on the column. The gauge selection isn't the best, Autometer quad gauges are limited to the hot rod series and I can't find a 160 mph speedo in their lineup that I like, plus they require an aftermarket sending unit for the fuel. Or I go with Speedhut gauges, which would cost more.

The other thought would be (2) 5" gauges, a speedo/tach combo and a quad gauge. Not for certain I can get them in there, and the tubing and tools get's much more expensive.

P8030002.jpg

Look at New Vintage. They build a quad gauge and can custom build and design the dials to your liking. They have great designs, standard and custom, awesome features, thru-dial lighting, stepper motors, built in indicator lights, and they are made in D-town!

http://www.newvintageusa.com/

No real updates from me. I've spend a fair amount of time building a 3D layout, and thought I was doing good with a pair of 5" tubes, when I discovered I messed up the angle on the layout and I can't get 5" tubes in without cutting my dash.

I decided to use the New Vintage 3-1 gauges as they are a bit smaller, have all of the gauges I want in the two of them, plus they have the turn signal, high beam and a couple of idiot light integrated in them. When I found my mistake I gave up and thought I was going to have to go back to the (3) 3 3/8" gauges (which is still the easiest, by far). I've since fixed my layout, and figured out that if I mount the gauges behind the tubes, I can get them in without cutting my dash. I've got a template, just need to glue it together and check the fitment.

When I get some visual aids, I will post them.

Sorry, I haven't had much luck so nothing really to post. I'm on my 3rd attempt to figure this out, but haven't had much time to mess with it (much less post anything about the most recent failure).

Here are some pictures of what I was trying. Plan was to mount the gauges behind the tubes, with a mid plate. The gauges I want to use are too big to just sink into a faceplate like the RMD setup. So, I was going to use tubes that were big enough to show the entire gauge face, but mount the gauge behind it so that it kept the tube small enough to fit without cutting my dash. Got a mockup done, set it in my son's Duster to test fit it, and all looked good, until I checked for clearance behind it. I needed about 4.5" to fit the gauges in, I had 3.5". Fail.

Dealwithlater049.jpg

Dealwithlater050.jpg

Dealwithlater052.jpg

Next thought is to try and build them off the face enough to make it work. Time will tell.

-
Back