Rocky mountion dash for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man,I sure do wish there wasn't a problem with these guys,that's an awesome dash kit !!!

I am aware they are out of business but their products were of decent quality correct? No issues with the product?

T his for the guys that want a custom dash but don,t want to pay with a arm and a leg. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BARR...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

US $424.95 ?? I guess live in a different subdivision than you do..I am doing a custom one for ..and I haven't got the bill yet..@ 20 bucks..brushed aluminum even..

It is just an insert and I will trace for anyone that wants to do the same..the shape was the hard part..

Ian.

PS - wanna adopt ?

Rocky Mountain Gauge Pods were awesome,I have no idea what happened to them unless the Economy claimed yet another victim like the Paddock !! I paid about $200 just for the Instrument panel back about 5-6 years ago !!Might just have to check and see if the guy still has it !!!:cheers:

Rocky Mountain Gauge Pods were awesome,I have no idea what happened to them unless the Economy claimed yet another victim like the Paddock !! I paid about $200 just for the Instrument panel back about 5-6 years ago !!Might just have to check and see if the guy still has it !!!:cheers:

they went out of business a few years ago.. originally it was two brothers i believe. then the one brother got out of it because of other responsibilities in life and the one brother left wasn't too good in keeping up with orders and crap like that.. ended up just folding up.. sucks because they were nice looking dashes, not cheap but damn nice.

I would've paid $425 for that complete dash,I think it looked awesome !!!Right now I need to find me the AC control/radio bezel for my '69 Dart !!

Odd Question::: Why hasn't anyone started making these out of steel??? To be powder coated and painted???

I know the aluminum ones look great. Just a thought. I know I would love to have one out of steel so I could power coat it.

Just tossing it out there.

Had mine coated black chrome

dash-3.JPG

I know that aluminum can be powder coated... that wasn't my point. My point is that these were all alum dashes and that is expensive to produce. I am surprised that no one has done the same thing but in steel. This way folks wouldn't have had to pay a ton of dollars for an alum pc just to paint or powder coat the nice aluminum finish... Its a mute point though since rocky Mountain went belly up and this one is sold.

Considering the demand for these, I'm real surprised someone that has one hasn't hald a fiberglass mold built from it and is making them out of fiberglass. Use one with all the holes like 6469Mopar's, have a mold built, and even have someone else build them. If not all the holes were wanted, they are easily eliminated with fiberglass. Send one to VFN and see what they'll do. Considering all the "talk" about people wanting them, just surprised someone hasn't stepped up. If it were available, I would likely change the direction of my digital gauges after just recently seeing the Autometer Nexus gauges.

Considering the demand for these, I'm real surprised someone that has one hasn't hald a fiberglass mold built from it and is making them out of fiberglass. Use one with all the holes like 6469Mopar's, have a mold built, and even have someone else build them. If not all the holes were wanted, they are easily eliminated with fiberglass. Send one to VFN and see what they'll do. Considering all the "talk" about people wanting them, just surprised someone hasn't stepped up. If it were available, I would likely change the direction of my digital gauges after just recently seeing the Autometer Nexus gauges.

If there is a patent on them it could be a problem reproducing them. You'd probably have to buy the patent from him.

If there is a patent on them it could be a problem reproducing them. You'd probably have to buy the patent from him.

If there was it's probably abandoned by now and it wouldn't matter if you just changed one thing. You can't patent an "idea".

It does seem like someone could start popping these out as a side line job and make some "extra money" (whatever that is).

If there was it's probably abandoned by now and it wouldn't matter if you just changed one thing. You can't patent an "idea

Ok. I'm not a patent expert but I thought once something is patented (assuming it was patented) it can't be reproduced without permission of the patent owner. But your right you could change it just a little and be fine.

I very highly doubt there is a patent on these dashes.

Biggest problem is, nobody seems to want to let go of their's for even a moment in order to get something going... Based on all the feedback I've seen since RMD went out, there is potential in just the A-body world for decent amount of coin, and fill a void. If only I had bought one just before... Story of my life though, missed the hood I need too because of waiting. Now I have to fab the thing.

That's a good idea, I think you can get around the Patten by using fiberglass too, as you have changed the basic design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back