Roll bar required?

-

fastoldman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the roll bar requirements are for the 1/8th mile? Full exhaust, DOT tires, street legal

Yeah, NHRA knows. Get a book and find your class. It's in there.

For a convertible rollbar is required 13.99 and quicker..for hardtop 11.49 and quicker...

Rusty, no disrespect meant.
Your answer was short, to the point, accurate,terse, and dripping for an invitation for a smart-alec come back.
I stepped up.
You know I like you, right?

Your answer was short, to the point, accurate,terse, and dripping for an invitation for a smart-alec come back.
I stepped up.

You seem to have seen MUCH more to my response than what I said or meant.

I stepped up.

to the op- I know you know about the NHRA rule book and you were hoping for the quick easy answer and many have given it already. I know it can be cutting through a lot of crapola and all that through all that senseless stuff in the NHRA book but it's worth reading cuz eventually if you go there you will have to go there.

My little S went 7.92/eighth with a 2.1 60ft. Does the mean if I fix the 60 ft, that it may be flirting with an install?
Not that I care much,cuz I'll probably never track it again.I just went the one time to get a slip to satisfy all the neighborhoodies who kept pestering me with " Okay so, how fast is it", to which I would repy "don't know, don't care. I built it to be a fun car, not a racecar". And FUN it is.

My little S went 7.92/eighth with a 2.1 60ft. Does the mean if I fix the 60 ft, that it may be flirting with an install?
Not that I care much,cuz I'll probably never track it again.I just went the one time to get a slip to satisfy all the neighborhoodies who kept pestering me with " Okay so, how fast is it", to which I would repy "don't know, don't care. I built it to be a fun car, not a racecar". And FUN it is.

You can just do like most the rest of the parkin lot beer lizards and just LIE LMAO

Del; Lol. I suppose I could have. But the number I would have given would have been a lot more conservative, cuz I just had no idea what I had. Besides, the hard-copy time slip is hard to argue with. Plus for me, lying isn,t really an option. Until the wife asks " does this dress make me look fat?" Next time Ima gonna plead the fifth.....
She still hasn't forgotten my answer.......Perhaps she never will.

j-par; what's got you excited?

Del; Lol. I suppose I could have. But the number I would have given would have been a lot more conservative, cuz I just had no idea what I had. Besides, the hard-copy time slip is hard to argue with. Plus for me, lying isn,t really an option. Until the wife asks " does this dress make me look fat?" Next time Ima gonna plead the fifth.....
She still hasn't forgotten my answer.......Perhaps she never will.

j-par; what's got you excited?
Oh I'd betting pm ya...

And a real drag race is a thousand feet right ?
1320 ?
As an aside , how many meters do they run over Europe way ? :D

1/4 mile or nothing..i don't even watch top fuel since they went to the 1000'...

Could care less what they do over in Europe.

1/4 mile or nothing..i don't even watch top fuel since they went to the 1000'...

Could care less what they do over in Europe.
Around here, everyone has gone to 1/8 mile for every sporstman class. Mostly for insurance purposes for the track as the street cars get faster and faster, but don't have safety equipment.
I can see the number of spectators dropping off, but for the drivers it's great:
1. Easier on the car
2. Less cost for fuel (most race cars use fuel that costs $10-$20 per gallon)
3. Closer races at the finish line.
4. Crashes when they happen are generally at a slower speed.
5. Less cool down time needed in between rounds.
6. More cars per hour can get down the track.

Yeah, probably, but don't be too suprised if they never say anything about it after you spend the money and do the install.
I've run under 6.5 1/8th for over a year now. Suddenly 2 months ago the track tech told me that if I am under 6.5 I must have a window net. I spent a lot of money to get a net and have someone weld the mounting brackets for me. Since then I've raced at the same track as well as 2 others and I've never taken the net out of the trailer because nobody has asked for it. Hell, I've seen a truck go down the strip with no doors and no net and nobody said anything.

Does anyone know what the roll bar requirements are for the 1/8th mile? Full exhaust, DOT tires, street legal
Whatever you do, do it to NHRA specs. IHRA rules are easier, so if you pass tech at an NHRA track, you can take the car anywhere, not necessarily so the other way around.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys. Thanks for the info. I got an NHRA rule book. Dad took a turn for the worse and we lost him just before Thanksgiving. Then the legal battles with his second wife. Haven't worked on my car for a while. I plan to get back to it after Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all and your families.

rule or not - if you plan to race the car - you should put something in there.. save your cranium - if you "catch up" to the NHRA spec then you HAVE to.. sorry to hear of your loss - peace and Merry Christmas to you too.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys. Thanks for the info. I got an NHRA rule book. Dad took a turn for the worse and we lost him just before Thanksgiving. Then the legal battles with his second wife. Haven't worked on my car for a while. I plan to get back to it after Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all and your families.

Sorry for your loss. In the big scheme of things there are more important things than cars, sometime life has to remind us.

Sorry to hear about loosing your Father .
I will say some prayers for you your family and the legal mess .
May God bless you with comfort and a Merry Christmas !!!

-
Back