roll bar vs. roll cage

-
Use it. If you have a race style seat, it should have a slot for the belt to go through.

guys,
Im putting the interior back together after having the cage installed in the dart and have a question on the Simpson 5 point harness. Included with the harness is an anti submarine belt that attaches to the floor. Do i have to use it, or is it optional?

Please put the submarine belt in. Its the belt that goes between your legs. I had a friend not use it in his 8 second race car and crashed. He was seriously injured and lost one of his ears in the accident due to him slipping down into the footwell.

Ken I am glad you made it out alive, thats a horrific accident.

Guardian ANGEL my foot.... HAD to be that GOD was with you!! that looks like crumpled up balled up orange paper!!! WHAT A MESS!!!!
Are you OK? Still have all YOUR parts? everything working OK?

NOTHING is more important than "health"

....what the hell happened? What the hell did you HIT???? They got concrete bridge stantions at that track? HOLY MOLY!!!!

Anti Submarine belts - or sub belts - are supposed to keep your body from sliding forward/down the seat base and towards the floorpan (and also keep you in place should you end up on your lid). They need to be short and direct with about a 10-15 degree pull rearward. Do not use them with stock seats w/o a pass through stitched in. They'll do very little for you if they're looped over the front edge of the seat.

Anti Submarine belts - or sub belts - are supposed to keep your body from sliding forward/down the seat base and towards the floorpan (and also keep you in place should you end up on your lid). They need to be short and direct with about a 10-15 degree pull rearward. Do not use them with stock seats w/o a pass through stitched in. They'll do very little for you if they're looped over the front edge of the seat.
Thanks

0This happened at Fontana on 8/14. I hit the brakes at the finish line nd the pedal was dead solid. My best guess is the rod came out of the master. There was a stop to prevent that but it must have slipped or broke. I hit the rail at the turn out at probably between 80 and 100 mph. From the pics u can see how the seat failed and the cross bar for the seat belts moved 8 to 10 inches. I feel a cage with forward bas and better seats would have not allowed me to come forward like I did.
I had this happen to me too with the brake rod coming out in my Duster back in early 90s, i managed to downshift it and slow it down by the time i got to the turn, i drove a long ways to not run so i kept my left foot on the brake pedal and continued, Hope your getting better.

That is a good sight, thanks. I finished up installing the submarine belt and adjusting the shoulder belts tonight, all seems well now. I need to get my act together and get some pics posted of the bar and belts.
If the weather holds out im headed to US131 saturday for test and tune, we'll see if the bar slowed the car down any.

I realise it was an old thread but I still like the setup and thought I'd ask. I didn't know he was banned. Thanks gents.

I realise it was an old thread but I still like the setup and thought I'd ask. I didn't know he was banned. Thanks gents.
It actually can’t hurt, except your not getting answered by the banned member. LOL!

Hey f someone else has been there and done that they should chime in to help you out.

-
Back