Roller Lifter Options for 59 deg R1 Block

-

Rt1976

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been digging through old posts and web articles but wondered what is the best current option out there for putting a solid roller cam in a 59 deg R1 block.

Thanks

I used Comp 8043-16' in mine, had to remove most of the extra head bolt boss to get them in.

What heads are you running?

I used Comp 8043-16' in mine, had to remove most of the extra head bolt boss to get them in.

How much did you have to remove from the block? Did you punch through to the water jackets anywhere? Are you running a comp cam as well?

How much did you have to remove from the block? Did you punch through to the water jackets anywhere? Are you running a comp cam as well?

No water, just had to remove the boss for the link bar to clear. Yes a Comp cam.

I've been digging through old posts and web articles but wondered what is the best current option out there for putting a solid roller cam in a 59 deg R1 block.

Thanks
After my recent experience with Comp lifters I would not put them in any engine that I cared about. Granted mine were Comp hydraulic rollers in a LA small block, but I have had 3 creditable engine builders tell me that they no long use Comp stuff due to past issues - be very careful in making your choice of suppliers.
Spend the money and buy the best you can find, it will save you money in the long run.

Last edited:
After my recent experience with Comp lifters I would not put them in any engine that I cared about. Granted mine were Comp hydraulic rollers in a LA small block, but I have had 3 creditable engine builders tell me that they no long use Comp stuff due to past issues - be very careful in making your choice of suppliers.
Spend the money and buy the best you can find, it will save you money in the long run.

I was originally looking at the Crane lifters but read that their rivets were quite a bit larger needing excessive block removal for clearance. Again this was an old post, but their website still states that they are not designed for these blocks. Just seeing who makes a lifter that can be made to work.

Thanks

Crane Pro Series or hit the guy from Crower here on FABO and let him hook you up. I wouldn't use a lifter with a .750 wheel in my lawn mower.

Crane Pro Series or hit the guy from Crower here on FABO and let him hook you up. I wouldn't use a lifter with a .750 wheel in my lawn mower.

do you know his username?

IMG_0782.JPG
IMG_0783.JPG

No problem, Shane is a awesome guy, did my custom cam for my build and now we are working on getting lifters to fit.

How much rocker offset have you run with those offset lifters?
The ones in the pic are .700" iirc. 59* block with W9 heads. The pushrods in the pic are 5/16" that were in the motor when it came in the shop. I'm hoping to squeeze a 7/16" dual taper in there.

They will need a relieved a bit though.

-
Back