roller rocker arms

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
wondering if the 1.5 rocker arms from kmj performance are any good or if anybody has used them or not.

Go with the stainless steel version otherwise go with the comp pro mags.

aluminum needle bearing rockers are fine if you set them up right, buy induction hardened shafts ($110) from rocker specialties and of course harland sharp adjusters ($90). pay attention to side play '.010-.015' and line the rollers up to the valve tips.

I have experience with them and have not had any come apart.
Now... though they do have a shorter life span than steel, the bushed aluminum version lasts twice as long as the needle bearing type...longer than harland sharps.

Straight up...if someone say the aluminum rockers suck, then they are also saying harland sharp rockers suck too......which is verbal diarrhea.

The total cost would be around 340 dollars.fwiw

rocker arm specialties aka RAS....is not doing very good these days..thread over at moparts...saying company been sold..and work ain't getting done....

rocker arm specialties aka RAS....is not doing very good these days..thread over at moparts...saying company been sold..and work ain't getting done....

no ****, really?...that sucks, i delt with the old guy randy or wait.. gary i think his name was...?
i knew i should have bought more than one pair of those shafts, they are really nice and about 3/8 thick wall.lol

i believe, unless he gets his stuff for ras, Dan dvorak can make shafts and mancini cn sell the adjusters.

not to argue with anyone..Several years ago I bought a set of CAT aluminum roller rockers with needle bearing and used the shafts that came with them...ran them for two years...then replaced them with another set of needle bearing roller rockers and ran them for another year...and those shafts are just fine...

not to argue with anyone..Several years ago I bought a set of CAT aluminum roller rockers with needle bearing and used the shafts that came with them...ran them for two years...then replaced them with another set of needle bearing roller rockers and ran them for another year...and those shafts are just fine...
Why did you replace them, wear? I have used Crane Gold rockers for years and never had an issue, although I would buy stainless if they were offered. I dont run huge lift so they are probably overkill anyway. I have blue MP ones right now, debating on whether to bush them or not.

cool deal.

What i had found...is that if i stick those needle bearing rockers on a set of regular 'new' mopar shafts...they fit loose. The shafts i bought from gary were about .005 larger and the rockers fit reeeeeeaaalllly nice.

in fact...lol...i then put my bushed mopar iron rockers on those shafts and they also fit waaaaayyy better and bleed off a lot less of the oil. fwiw

no argument here either, but fwiw...the failures ive seen have been with faulty adjusters and or guys who just bolt them on as is and doesnt check for things like 'retainer/spring' clearance and side clearance.

I had to surface spacers and add wider ones to get the fitment i wanted.

Why did you replace them, wear? I have used Crane Gold rockers for years and never had an issue, although I would buy stainless if they were offered. I dont run huge lift so they are probably overkill anyway. I have blue MP ones right now, debating on whether to bush them or not.

RAS used to offer that service for 120 bucks.

they told me that when my ohio rocker bearings wear out the races...to send them and they'd stick bushings in them, something common in harland rockers as well....see as far as ive read, the warranty on harlands only covers the rocker bodies, not the bearings. lol

no..just bought another set that were blue instead of black....still got the old cat rockers in a box somewhere

so the best bet is to get the steel ones! Its just for a mild performance 318 engine so ill just go that route then.

Not surprised. A while back I attempted an email about rockers with them. I never got an answere.Cant help your customers if you dont communicate with em.

-
Back