roller rockers /stock heads

-
I wish we could get on the same page, even the same book would be nice. But first we've got to get to the same library.
I'm completely baffled. Why won't .400" offset rockers work on factory iron heads? Because they angle the pushrod?
Don't the .400" offset rockers angle the pushrod on aftermarket heads?

Sorry IQ - I reviewed things today after having a short talk with Stroker last night. I agree you and I approach things from different angles. I can't say as I agree with yours in this case. But that's just my opinon, and we all know what they are worth. Also, now I understand your confusion. I'd like to chalk it up to the same "midnight reasoning" you noted in regard to your typing. It was after midnight, and I was beat, and not thinking as clearly as I should have.

I would also like to apologize to the OP because after re-visiting the thread I mis-wrote my second post. My initial response was what I was thinking and I didn't clarify in the second one, in fact, just the opposite.
They will most definately go in and function. With a negative affect on pushrod angle. The same negative affect that virtually all MW intake port heads have however without the additional benefit of the airflow increase the port gives.
Because of this negative affect, I wouldn't, and historically haven't, used them on a non-MW factory intake port head. Nor do I recommend it.

I too would not recommend that he start out and buy offset rockers for factory iron heads. If he already has them and doesn't want to hassle with trading or selling them, they're gonna work.

Finally, same library, same book, same page.

Thanks Stroker.

Yes, thanks Stroker. Sometimes I just need to be reminded to go back and see what I wrote, as opposed to what I meant...lol.

Well whatever I did or said I am glad it came out to the good for a change.

See, we CAN all get along if we try LOL I just sat back and watched this unfold. But Now we all know that the rockers WILL work, just not the best choice in this case. But as we all know, sometimes you have to work with what you got.

Im so glad it all work out in the end.

wow!! sorry for all the hard feelings and chaos . I would like to thank every body for all the input. I was checking this post for the first few days no one had responded I just got back in town then bammm!!
I am puting together a 440 alot of parts are handme downs and this combination fell in my lap I plan to go with aluminum heads later on. So from what I gather from everybodys input they will work. So I will not have to hunt down stock rockers.
So again I would like to say thanks!!!

On a stock bb head....there are no NO pushrod tubes to interfere with. fwiw

eddy heads/after market aluminum, there are push rod holes ....they would need some fiddling from the looks of it.

the push rod angle is effected, but stick some solid rollers in a sb sometime and tell me what you see....nothing new in the world of mopars or engines, period.

-
Back