Roller tip rocker arms??? Brands?

-

71duster06

Reaction score
What brand of roller tip rocker arms are you guys using? I am getting my spring time list together and hope to get everything picked out soon. Any recommendations/horror stories with particular brands? Thanks

big block... harland sharp is the best for the money. jesel is "supposedly" better but doubtful and costs a whole lot more. HS's are expensive enough. next best after HS is the hughes engine package. if you go lower down the line you have 440 source, being cheapest and most likely to give you migraines. i've also seen people having problems with cranes/compcams mainly because they have a few get by quality control that are not so good and it's difficult to get resolution over the phone. harland sharp = most are quite satisfied. they work, they last, they fit (they all should be cleaned well as shipped before putting on your engine however)

small block... someone else chime in, i'm not sure who makes the best anymore. the stock adjustables from a 273 will probably be fine for street engines, but for race you may want roller rockers / 1.6 ratios / etc.

im running the pro comp cams on my 416 and had the old cast adjustable cranes on my 340.

I run Comp Cams roller rockers for a long time on my street ride.
As of late, Huges engines offeres a very nice set up, though I have not used them myself.
Crane also makes a nice set up and there back in biz making stuff. They were a little more pricey, but worth it.

IIRC, i thnk huges has the most inexpensive set now. Do not confuse that for crap quality as I have heard in person and read often people like them alot. Ask around, can't hurt.

hughes engines has real nice stuff.

73cuox.jpg

What's your intended use for them? Small hyd cam or big solid roller? PRW's are good but they dont work for solid roller cams as that's not what they're intended for, and Jesel's are great but are overkill for probably all but 1% of motors out there.

What's your intended use for them? Small hyd cam or big solid roller? PRW's are good but they dont work for solid roller cams as that's not what they're intended for, and Jesel's are great but are overkill for probably all but 1% of motors out there.

So PRW's don't work for Solid Roller Cams?? Why would that be?? Which ones are you referring to "Aluminum or Stainless"?, Please explain in detail.

Hughes Big Block, no problems so far, and banana groove shafts with their hold downs. Reasonably priced and geometry was perfect.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 595
  • P1010071.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 572
Going to go with hughes rockers on my set up .. got some prw's put them back in the box use them for paper weights. geometry is way off on them. not a big fan of them . just my 2 cents.

comp cams rockers, prw rockers, crane gold rockers, prw aluminum rollers, Harland sharp, Hughes...

all will work good with proper set up.

aluminum wont last as long, but i haven't had one fail on me yet.

Now if u dont set any of them up properly and dont check retainer clearance/geometry ....all will fail or cause something else to fail.

straight up.

yup...same thing here..the eddy magnum...before heads got PnP....now they are still wrapped in plastic two years later...lol

Attachments

• Picture 914.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 392
-
Back