Roller wheels - wilwood

-

alltimelow1

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I have a set of Wilwood 13” rotors and calipers front and back

I need a set of rollers just to move this thing around the shop while I work on it

I have a few sets of 15” wheels/tires I have used in the past for such things but alas, they do not remotely fit with these wilwoods

anybody have any experience with a particular wheel I could use that may fit? - looking for cheap and easy availability - I’ll find some cheap throw away tires that’s no problem

even a size/ backspace you think would be minimum would help

Thanks in advance,
Jason

I bought some Cragar Soft 8's and cheap tires from SUmmit when I had this problem. I was able to sell the wheels later. Now I wish I would have kept them. If you buy mustang spares or something you may not be able to sell them. At least if you get a wheel, like the Soft 8, that appeals to truck guys, Jeepers, or cheap hotrodders you can get some money back out of them or re-use them on a trailer or another project.
Just look at the cheapest wheels on Summit or the like.

I was thinking about mustang spares

anybody know if a 16inch spare will give enough clearance?

And thank you go-fish I will check summit out for a cheap wheel - I would love to sell them after done

I'm going to be in the same boat. I've got Dr Diff Cobra brakes. I've heard people use Crown Vic/Grand Marquis spares. I think the Grand Marquis spares are aluminum.

If you have to pay $100 for each spare though, that's a lot of money just for a temp wheel.

I have seen people make "rollers" out of plywood.

I was thinking about mustang spares

anybody know if a 16inch spare will give enough clearance?

And thank you go-fish I will check summit out for a cheap wheel - I would love to sell them after done

I don’t think 16’s will work. I know my 13” cobra style brakes from DoctorDiff require a 17” wheel.

I used a 17” spare from a ‘07/‘08 G35 for awhile, it fits in the spare tire well too so you could keep it as a spare after using them as a roller. I had to open up the center bore just a smidge, but it was really a small amount and could be done with a dremel or even a file and some sandpaper. There are a few import cars that run 5x114.3, G35 and the new Z’s do, their spares might be easier to find in the yards.

6861532F-586A-429C-A1B3-6A89ABF87FBA.jpeg

1C0EDA99-C641-4A4A-86D7-F8CD0EB0B6DE.jpeg

those guni wheels are Stupid expensive......... I though hey that is a neat idea, and then I saw the outrageous price and said F that....

those guni wheels are Stupid expensive......... I though hey that is a neat idea, and then I saw the outrageous price and said F that....

Yeah for a single project they don't make much sense.

For a shop or business I can totally see it, a set or two of those instead of having a dozen or more mismatched rollers of different bolt patterns taking up space all the time makes a lot of sense. And since they're all the same height you could still do a lot of your suspension and ride height work while you're waiting for the customer to pick a set of wheels. Especially for a shop that does resto mods or pro-touring stuff, you get those bigger brakes in and you're not stuck with the thing in the air because the original wheels won't fit anymore.

Can you remove the brake caliper? I don’t have a 13 inch brake kit but I have 11 inch Wilwoods. My rollers are 14 inch wheels however. Because I don’t have the calipers mounted the 14 inch rollers work great.

-
Back