Ron Francis wiring

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
Anyone use this? I emailed them and they recommended a harness for my dart, just curious if anyone has rave reviews for them?

I,ve been thinking about using them after seeing MadDart mention he was gonna use one in his twinturbo ride.

My buddy did the install on my car and he loved it.

have heard good things about them.

i used the american auto wire highway 22 kit for my car and it worked out great.

One of the guys in our group used it and had nothing but good things to say about it.

this is the feedbak im looking for, if anyone else has any please let me know...The harness looks like a vast improvement over factory designs...

Sorry OP for the hijack..

I am also in the market for a kit, looking at the ron francis, and american autowire...

I plan to run a EFI fuel pump, and electric fan. I know the american autowire has a spare fuse/realy for pump/fan

Any of you guys with the ron francis set up running these, can you easily adapt the fuse block or any of the "accesory" spots for this purpose? I dont need all the power window/locks whatever the kit comes with...

Also, for those that have done the kits, does it lay out clearly how to wire the ALT? I have heard most of these "kits" are meant for a 1 wire Chevy ALT, not a mopar style ext regulated one?

Thanks

JOE

Also, for those that have done the kits, does it lay out clearly how to wire the ALT? I have heard most of these "kits" are meant for a 1 wire Chevy ALT, not a mopar style ext regulated one?

the AAW kit comes with the stuff to run a 1 wire GM alt. but just like the ign its cake to lay out for a mopar set up. the charging system can be looked at as its own little loop. same thing with the ign system..

here are the links on how we made the highway 22 work on all the mopar stuff... :)

http://www.automotiverewire.com/Documents/71DartTurnSigWiring.jpg

http://www.automotiverewire.com/Documents/71DartIgnitionWiring.jpg

http://www.automotiverewire.com/Documents/71DartChargingWiring.jpg

Joe,
I'm Ron Franics and we are the only company that asks you about your car before you buy the wiring. We need to know what car, engine, alternator, distributor and steering column before we make the kit. That way they will actually be made for what you tell us. If you want a a mopar alternator, we'll wire it for whatever you need. We are the only ones that upgrade to the larger wires as you exceed the limits of the standard 12 and 10 gauge wires originally used on stock mopars. Our EXPRES which I believe you all are talking about has a cooling fan relay on the fuse panel. Since I answer all emails you will be corresponding with me.

The EXPRESS system has a fuse marked for electric fuel pump along with all the other popular options. Take a close look at our fuse box (top portion) and compare it to the others. You get what you pay for.

You can reach me at [email protected] with quick replies.
Ron

Sorry OP for the hijack..

I am also in the market for a kit, looking at the ron francis, and american autowire...

I plan to run a EFI fuel pump, and electric fan. I know the american autowire has a spare fuse/realy for pump/fan

Any of you guys with the ron francis set up running these, can you easily adapt the fuse block or any of the "accesory" spots for this purpose? I dont need all the power window/locks whatever the kit comes with...

Thanks

JOE

abodyjoe, thanks for the links...

ron... thank you also, I will be calling you soon.

JOE

Welcome to FABO Ron!I have a feeling you will be a busy boy now.These old mopars all have some sort of wiring issues,well mine anyway.LOL.I will be e-mailing you for a harness for my 66 Dart with 410 in the near future.Enjoy!!

Scott

Hi Ron and thanks for stopping in to introduce yourself. I and others have heard good things about your product.

How much to rewire my 70 swinger?

Ron, if you are still listening...
I ordered a kit today, and worked with Bob. He was very professional, seemed to know what he was doing and it was a good experience. Just wanted you to know.
Cal Hyer

We are the only ones that upgrade to the larger wires as you exceed the limits of the standard 12 and 10 gauge wires originally used on stock mopars.

my AAW kit has heavier wire then stock everywhere on it.

Ron Francis is pretty much the man when it comes to automotive electrical. I have a guide that his daughter put together years ago for a magazine called SuperRod....I still reference it to this day! I love his ideas on grounds...gonna ground the hell out of my car with a grounding strip included!

I've used Ron's wiring in many cars over the years and they turned out great. We have one in the race truck right now and it has performed flawlessly for 10 years. A few years back I bought a storage unit and it had 20 of his wiring kits in it. I kept the ones that lined up with Mopars, according to his staff and sold the others. The three that were Mopar I used on cars I've built and sold. To the best of my knowledge, they are all three still on the road, because I see them at the track and on the street from time to time. If you talk to his staff and tell then "exactly" what your specs are, you will never be disappointed.

Bill

I'm glad to see that Ron takes this stuff seriously. Too many companys make a one size fits all take it or leave it attitude. I am also planning to re-wire my duster next winter and will only be calling Mr. Francis.

Can't help myself....I met Ron Francis a couple of times in Sault Ste Marie Ont. when he played for the Greyhounds in the early 80's well before he was in the NHL and inducted into the hockey hall of fame....Sorry different Ron Francis.

Excellent support, it's hard to order the wrong harness with the questions that are asked by Bob and Ron. I can hardly wait to start wiring my Cuda. I just about bought a painless kit but changed my mind after reading the reviews about Ron Francis.

-
Back