Ross' '71 dart swinger

-
well the pics don't do it justice. There is a little dust and I had a little water in the system that I just couldn't get out, but it looks pretty cool and Tara likes it.

DCP_4477.jpg

DCP_4478.jpg

DCP_4479.jpg

DCP_4480.jpg

DCP_4481.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me. And, who cares if it's not "perfect" if Tara likes it that's got to be perfect enough. Keep it coming.

Well my camera broke and I am getting a new one, but haven't gotten it yet. I got the 340 hood scoops mounted and all the panels are off the car. I now only have to rebuild the door hinges, cut everything in, prime block ect..... and then paint her. O yha and fix the little bit of rust in the trunk. I still have a bit to do but most of the body work is done. I picked up a set of rallys from a friend for trade stuffs so I am blasting them and I will repaint them too. Lots of work left but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have to finish the dash and get it all reassembled so I can reinstall it.

rr.jpg

well I got the grill almost finished and the dart has been primed and blocked and primed and I am half way through blocking again. I blocked it with 180 the first time (taped the lines thanks for the tip Adam) and 320 this time, the tech sheet said I don't have to go finer so when I am done I will cut the jams in and then paint the rest of her.

I hope to have her in paint late this week or early next so stay tuned.

If anyone is interested in the car Tara and I will entertain offers. If not then we will keep plugging away on her.

resizedgrill5.JPG

primer resized1.JPG

primer resized2.JPG

primer resized3.JPG

primer resized5.JPG

primer resized13.JPG

primer resized12.JPG

primer resized16.JPG

primer resized20.JPG

primer resized18.JPG

Hey buddy, I tell people what their cars are worth for aliving so you should feel greatful that I just gave you a free appraisal. I will be nice and offer you $15.00

A few pages back I noticed you went with Hooker headers... I have the same set in my Dart.. I am surprised yours went in so easy, mine actually hit the steering box.. right where it mounts to the k-member.. Had to grind a bit of the ear on the stearing box to get them to fit.. but otherwise I love them.. and they do hang quite low on the drivers side.. I have a nice flat spot on one of my tubes from hitting the ground, and my car doesnt sit all that low...

So after all this work Tara doesn't want to keep the car??

well everything is for sale and quite frankly we could use the money. It's not something we are going to actively advertise but if some one wants to make a serious offer for something close to (or more) then what we have in her we might consider. Not a big deal either way and she is looking forward to driving the dart.

A few pages back I noticed you went with Hooker headers... I have the same set in my Dart.. I am surprised yours went in so easy, mine actually hit the steering box.. right where it mounts to the k-member.. Had to grind a bit of the ear on the stearing box to get them to fit.. but otherwise I love them.. and they do hang quite low on the drivers side.. I have a nice flat spot on one of my tubes from hitting the ground, and my car doesnt sit all that low...

yep they sit a little low and do get bashed up but I didn't want to pay for a set of tti's. I wonder why they didn't fit well for yha? At least you got them figured out.

I think mine were a pain to get in, just because thats the way my luck goes sometimes...lol ....

The folks making headers for A's could do us guys a favor and just make the drivers side flat on the bottom to start with! Would save us a lot of time having to smash them ourselves! LOL

The folks making headers for A's could do us guys a favor and just make the drivers side flat on the bottom to start with! Would save us a lot of time having to smash them ourselves! LOL

HAHAhaha that is awesome. I feel your guys pain. They should do that for us. That is the least they could do haha

Oh ya lol sorry. The car looks good. Great job :)

So it's been awhile sine I have put up any pics, I have the bumpers on now and a few other things but her are some of the dart in the daylight.

1 (2).JPG

3.JPG

2 (2).JPG

Also even thought they have been seen I thought I would put some up of the kustom dash I am building for the car.

P8130629.jpg

I shaved the ash tray and smoothed the key hole since it started life as a '68 dash.

P8130627.jpg

Yes I did cut a nice rally bezel!! and frame

1.JPG

2.JPG

I still need to do some more paint work but I am happy so far with how it is coming out.

2.JPG

1 (2).JPG

3.JPG

2 (2).JPG

P8130629.jpg

P8130627.jpg

1.JPG

The Dart,s looking good Ross!It,s really gonna pop when ya get some chrome and the rally,s on.Keep up the good work!I think Tara,s gonna want to keep it when it,s done.My 2 cents.

Thanks petty I think so too, the bumpers need to be recromed but even in their poor state they look good on the car. I will try to snap some more current pics tomorrow.
Unfortunately progress is going to be set back again because of this entire mustang rear axle thing but hopefully I can get the dash finished up here soon and get the glass in. At that point it will need an alignment, tires, rear leafs, and a shorter drive shaft and it should in theory be drivable.

I also think I have finally convinced her that a stick is an ok thing and I won't have to do yet another tranny swap!

-
Back