Rotors press on?

-

BWDart

Reaction score
72 Swinger kh disc
are the rotors pressed on to the hub or can it be done at home?

LOL, I don't know of any Mopar cars with pressed on rotors. YEP! You can do'em in your drive way, no problem, open up a Chiltons or equal for torque specs and proceedures .. um... sp!

LOL ...give / explain the definition or meaning of the term swedged

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/swedge

The swedge is done at the lug studs and holes through the rotor. This doesn't mean you should drive the lug studs out of the hub. Support the outer diameter of the rotor on at a heigth that will allow driving the entire hub out, lug studs still intact. Reason being, the lug studs have a linear knurl fit to the hub. If you do drive the studs out of the hub you can loose that fit in the hub. Result is a stud that turns on the hub.
Brake drums where swedged to lug studs too on mopar, Fords , about everything at one time or another.
I have a left front hub with left hand threads on the drum brakes of my 68 parts car. 3 of those 5 lug studs spin in the holes. Getting the wheel off and on is nearly impossible.

Thanks for the info guys I ordered some rotors from R1concepts slotted and crossdrilled will be putting ceramic pads if I can find some that are street safe.
I've heard some don't heat up fast enough be safe on the street any suggestions on pads?
Looks like the price on bearings came back down they were ridiculous for a while.

-
Back