Routing of the positive battery cable

-

dwcuda1965

Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos to reference how to run the positive battery cable to the starter on a 1965 Barracuda? Not finding much reference material on this. Car is 273 cu in, manual steering. I have heard everything from route from front of shock tower, to run from back of the shock tower. I would suspect that there are some attachment points to fasten cable straps to also to keep things secure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you looked in your factory service manual?

There are verious photos in any number of sections that might shead some light.

In 67 dart with V8 it runs from battery to firewall then down firewall, then forward to starter

I would suspect that there are some attachment points to fasten cable straps to also to keep things secure.
Yes.
Someone here should have some phtos of a factory setup.

There is or should be a clip screwed to the lower shock tower on the tight side as you are looking at the shock tower from the passenger side. It is located about even with the frame rail. I would have to double check but there might be another clip on the frame rail farther on back. The front one I’m positive about

There is or should be a clip screwed to the lower shock tower on the tight side as you are looking at the shock tower from the passenger side. It is located about even with the frame rail. I would have to double check but there might be another clip on the frame rail farther on back. The front one I’m positive about
Thanks much. Looks like there is provision (hole) for a strap or screw.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Looks like the routing goes along front side of shock tower and secured along frame rail. Appreciate all the help.

It's kind of hard to photograph how the cable is mounted and routed with a V8 in the car. This is what I managed to do, pitiful as it is. There are two metal straps that hold the cable to the inner fender. You can see them them here if you can blow the photo up a bit. This is in a 32K original car, so, I seriously doubt it has ever been unbolted.

batcableroute.jpg

batcableroute2.jpg

-
Back