Rubber Floor insteadof carpet?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart that I am going to rip the green carpet out of. Does anyone know o f a place to get a formed black rubber floor to replace the carpet? I know they put them in newer base model vehicles, but I have not found anything for the older cars? Any assistance would be appreciated

Can I share the thread and add that I'm looking for one also for my 71 Demon. I hope you don't mind.

Ken

I was going to do the same thing in my Dart,but was concerned about the heat in the summer. I still like the idea, has sleeper written all over it. Acc is great for carpet,so I would give them a shot.

make sure your car is completely sealed up before installing that rubber mat, if any water gets in it will get trapped under the mat and rot the floors pretty quickly.

You can also try www.originalauto.com . They haven't failed me yet and are quite a bit less on most things than other vendors. They started buying overstock from OEM suppliers in the '60s and all their kits are made for you after ordering. If needed, you can send them your old seat covers or flooring and get new ones back.

No problem Ken, share away.... but now you owe me :bootysha:

I thought about puting the hush mat down and then laying a vinyl/rubber floor down and sealing the flooring to the mat :dontknow:
will it work?

No problem. Does Coors Lite work for you?

I've got the original rubber flooring in my race car and it's getting kind of nasty looking so I was hoping to find a new one to put in.

-
Back