"rusty ol cuda" nightmare on any street wheelstander project

-
X2 can i drive it

J/K ....but good work .....your an inspiration to us all with a good old fashion "get it done" attitude .....you dont depend on anyone to get your stuff done ......you roll up your sleeves and get it done on your own initiative.....i truely wish i was as motivated as you are........so thanks for inspiring and keep up the good work

I put a seat in there just for ya :burnout: sorry it has a boring ol automatic transmission......keys are in it
X2 can i drive it

J/K ....but good work .....your an inspiration to us all with a good old fashion "get it done" attitude .....you dont depend on anyone to get your stuff done ......you roll up your sleeves and get it done on your own initiative.....i truely wish i was as motivated as you are........so thanks for inspiring and keep up the good work

hmmm....I don't see a seatbelt for the pup? He wants a ride too 'ya know :happy1:

Nice work waggs and waaaaay outta' my league :cheers:

seatbelt mounts are installed but no sence putting them in with all the work still going on,i did have them in for fitment
hmmm....I don't see a seatbelt for the pup? He wants a ride too 'ya know :happy1:

Nice work waggs and waaaaay outta' my league :cheers:

that ain't happenin.......that'd be like just slappin stuff together and not taking any pride in it....what am I supposed to do with all the leftover paint out in the shop? let it go to waste????
You should run it just the way it is. Dont paint it. Looks pretty cool with the different color body panels.

there was a chevy 2 at st louis that was supposed to be a wheel stander body beat to hell and run like crap it was all he could do to get down the track at idle forget wheels up

motivational pic....... pic #1 my screensaver, pic # 2 tell me there ain't two people in this car....pic #3 if you look thru the window you can see Bob.......Hi Bob!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ad26.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 599
  • hurst+hemi+under+glass+wheelie1286500187.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Track_Hemi_Under_Glass.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 589
Cool pics, Bob Riggle is such a nice guy! I met him a few different times, the first was in 92 or 93 at Brainerd International Raceway here in MN, he just built the 1966 in the first picture and I think this weekend was one of his first times out with the new car, and he drove it too. Me and 2 of my friends (I was 15) hung out in his pit area all weekend, he let us help him and even got pics sitting in the car. He gave all 3 of us Hemi under glass t-shirts and signed them, people thought we were part of the crew! Plenty of autographs, pictures and neat stories too, I will never forget it!!!

BTW, one story he had was how he wrecked the original 1966, when he crashed while running at an airstrip, he hit a light pole backwards and upside-down and the engine/blower got pushed into his helmet. Later after the car was scrapped, he saved lots of aluminum parts from the car (he said some fenders and bumpers too) in a shop. Well, shortly after someone came in and hauled all the aluminum in for scrap :banghead: he said he was really pissed!!

I'd like to talk on the phone sometime about that stuff maybe I can pick your brain a bit...I was readin articles from bob and from wild bill shrewsberry that originally drove the car and picked up a few hints, read about the wreck and how it happened with the front wheels not bein straight when she touched down...i came up with a remedy for that already
Cool pics, Bob Riggle is such a nice guy! I met him a few different times, the first was in 92 or 93 at Brainerd International Raceway here in MN, he just built the 1966 in the first picture and I think this weekend was one of his first times out with the new car, and he drove it too. Me and 2 of my friends (I was 15) hung out in his pit area all weekend, he let us help him and even got pics sitting in the car. He gave all 3 of us Hemi under glass t-shirts and signed them, people thought we were part of the crew! Plenty of autographs, pictures and neat stories too, I will never forget it!!!

BTW, one story he had was how he wrecked the original 1966, when he crashed while running at an airstrip, he hit a light pole backwards and upside-down and the engine/blower got pushed into his helmet. Later after the car was scrapped, he saved lots of aluminum parts from the car (he said some fenders and bumpers too) in a shop. Well, shortly after someone came in and hauled all the aluminum in for scrap :banghead: he said he was really pissed!!

Man Waggs! great to see the progress go on. I wonder if a magazine or something would be interested in this, because i sure am.

well got the headliner in the 65 falcon done and was still daylight out so I pulled the cuda in the shop and installed the new driveshaft then got bored and did the adjuster for the transfer case and welded the spring percheas and cradle to the rearend housing...more boredome set in so time for some body repair to commence, roof is stipped completely and top of one 1/4 and almost the whole 1/4 on drivers side...we'll see what tomorrow bring's

Attachments

• cudabodywork 009.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 520
  • cudabodywork 008.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 490
  • cudabodywork 006.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 519
  • cudabodywork 005.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 502
  • cudabodywork 004.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 513
  • cudabodywork 003.jpg