Rusty pushrods. What is happening

-

duster360

Reaction score
Look at this picture and tell me what is going on. I find this very strange. See how rusty it is toward the bottom but is nice and shiny from midways on up. The pushrods on each corner look just like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 342
But it is just the corner ones, the other 12 look great. Engine has not been cranked in a couple months though.

The corner pushrods are rusting. That's what's happening.

Funny that just the corner ones are rusting, just the ones next to the water passages in the cylinder heads.

x2 ^

What intake do you run on it? Make sure the intake fits properly. Might be a small leak or seap when the cooling system is under pressure (when you shut it down).

x2 ^

What intake do you run on it? Make sure the intake fits properly. Might be a small leak or seap when the cooling system is under pressure (when you shut it down).

That is what I am thinking. Just wanted to hear it from someone else. I am running an Eddie air gap. I am going to order better gaskets to put on.

Ah. ok. I had a similar seap from the Crosswind. Started seaping out and dripping both internally and externally once the engine was heat cycled.

I'd suggest you carfeully check the fitment of that intake. if the block was cut or the heads were cut (or both) there may be a need to take a little off the intake surfaces to make it seat properly and preload the gasket completely.

That is what I am thinking. Just wanted to hear it from someone else. I am running an Eddie air gap. I am going to order better gaskets to put on.

did ya check the intake bolts once in awhile...bolts on aluminum intakes and headers like to come loose after awhile...heat cycles

-
Back