RV 2 oil

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how much oil I should put in the refridgerent lines of my AC system. I have 11 oz. in the RV 2 crankcase. But the system should be around 1.5 oz. I think.

I think there is a plug on the RV2 to insert a dipstick for measurement. The last time I did that was 1980, so you might want to research, "RV2 dipstick"..

Yup 10-12 total. The system and crank case the same... it will all be circulated. All this is covered in the service manual available on FABO. It shows how to make the dipstick for servicing.

I didn"t think the crankcase sump oil circulated through the system. I have the heads off of the compressor and I don't see any ports going to the sump.

Old school rule of thumb is 1 oz per component. Like if you are replacing the receiver/drier, a hose. etc. Evap/condenser 2 oz. In a system that has been in operation.

Something nobody has said is if the system is charged DO NOT open the crankcase you WILL vent your refrigerant. I started to add another ounce the other day and as I was turning I started to hear a hiss.

About RV2 dipstick location and measurement [ame]http://vintagetest.net/chassis/elt82/V2D826002.pdf[/ame]

-
Back