S&W Bodyguard 380 Auto and 38 revolver

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score

Attachments

• smith_and_wesson_bodyguard_380_pistol-tfb-tm.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 357
.380's a cute gun but if you like shooting it's cheaper ammo if you pony up and buy a 9mm.

.380's a cute gun but if you like shooting it's cheaper ammo if you pony up and buy a 9mm.

I currently carry a 40 cal auto and sometimes my 45 revolver. This new 380 is very small and compact enough to conceal very easily. This will give me another option for concealment.

I thought that the .380 round had gotten ridiculous in price and was even nonexistant in some places. Has that changed?

Last time I checked it wasn't that hard to get in FL. As far as price goes, It wouldn't be used much at the firing range. So a couple boxes would last a while.

no offense but pony up and buy a 9 is funny 40 or 45 or in revolver 357 0r 44mag 9mm is fun to shoot but if you want knock something down 45 all day long check out the moro wars when us went from 38 to 45 then again just my opinion i own a s&w 59 and love to shoot it but in a pinch im grabbing my blackhawk 357 but not to get off point that is a fine get up and away pice and it will still do the job and very carryable nice piece congrats

The last time I was at my favorite gun shop they was out of 380 but that's been awhile back. When I was in the market for a CC gun my neighbor had a 380 (cant remember the make) for sale but I passed because of the short on ammo deal.

I settled for the S&W Airweight 38 spl +p with Crimson Trace laser grip. It will fit in my front pants pocket without it driving me nuts because it is very light. Its not a semi though but I know it will fire if it gets dirty. Trusty another words.

Was you carrying the other night? I was. :thumleft:

Attachments

• Gun 1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 366
  • Gun 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 357
My wife has arthritis in her shoulder so we kept lookin for a gun that was light enough not to hurt her. We found the S&W airlite in .357. She likes it a lot but it has too much of a kick with the .357 load so she uses .38 special hydra shocks in it. It's 12.5 ounces dry. it's crazy stupid light.

The last time I was at my favorite gun shop they was out of 380 but that's been awhile back. When I was in the market for a CC gun my neighbor had a 380 (cant remember the make) for sale but I passed because of the short on ammo deal.

I settled for the S&W Airweight 38 spl +p with Crimson Trace laser grip. It will fit in my front pants pocket without it driving me nuts because it is very light. Its not a semi though but I know it will fire if it gets dirty. Trusty another words.

Was you carrying the other night? I was. :thumleft:

Yep, I was carrying my 40 cal auto:happy2:. If you noticed the fanny pack. It's the easiest way to carry concealed as it can be carried with any outfit:thumleft:.

just thinking if you wear a fanny pack you should have a gun no offense but i always thought it was funny rock on bro no offense meant im just a redneck with a tenth grade education

just thinking if you wear a fanny pack you should have a gun no offense but i always thought it was funny rock on bro
:happy2::happy2: Large caliber handguns are not easy to conceal. Here in FL, I wear mostly t-shirts and shorts so this option of concealment is easy and does the job. I have a paddle holster that I like, but you have to wear a shirt over it. I'm looking for something like this little 380 or 38 to just slip in my pocket with a pocket sleeve type holster:thumleft:. MMG

i dig it i live in jax it was the fanny pack i was laffing at a bit but you can get a 40 about that size too but its all good and as totally concealing some times appearance of a sidearm works its all good hope you never have to use it but please have it if you need it and like i said nice piece congrats bye the way how many rounds does that hold

:happy2::happy2: Large caliber handguns are not easy to conceal. Here in FL, I wear mostly t-shirts and shorts so this option of concealment is easy and does the job. I have a paddle holster that I like, but you have to wear a shirt over it. I'm looking for something like this little 380 or 38 to just slip in my pocket with a pocket sleeve type holster:thumleft:. MMG

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/ads/TTT&T_ND2007.pdf

i dig it i live in jax it was the fanny pack i was laffing at a bit but you can get a 40 about that size too but its all good and as totally concealing some times appearance of a sidearm works its all good hope you never have to use it but please have it if you need it and like i said nice piece congrats bye the way how many rounds does that hold

No offense taken Iggy, I know it looks funny but I overlook it for safety/concealment reasons. MMG

Yep, I was carrying my 40 cal auto:happy2:. If you noticed the fanny pack. It's the easiest way to carry concealed as it can be carried with any outfit:thumleft:.

No I didn't notice it so you did a good job of concealing it but heck I ran my mouth the whole time until I got my belly full .... LOL

just thinking if you wear a fanny pack you should have a gun no offense but i always thought it was funny rock on bro no offense meant im just a redneck with a tenth grade education

I don't think you have ever met MoparMuscleGuy in person have you? I wouldn't be talking to much... let's just say he don't really need a gun if he got his hands on you! LOL :naka:

no offense but pony up and buy a 9 is funny 40 or 45 or in revolver 357 0r 44mag 9mm is fun to shoot but if you want knock something down 45 all day long check out the moro wars when us went from 38 to 45 then again just my opinion i own a s&w 59 and love to shoot it but in a pinch im grabbing my blackhawk 357 but not to get off point that is a fine get up and away pice and it will still do the job and very carryable nice piece congrats

No offense but pony up means to spend the few extra dollars for a 9mm because in the long run if he shoots a lot it will be cheaper.

My father in law just got one. Pretty nice piece. It will fit in your front pocket. Put a couple of dollar bills over it to break up the outline, and you forget it's there. I carry a 45 myself, but a 380 is better than no gun at all. Beats yelling at em. Put some Magsafe ammo in it and it's nothing to sneeze at.
http://magsafeonline.com/magnum_performance.html

I nearly bought a S&W 5 banger, but ended up buying a Ruger LCR series in....... 357. It turns out I may never be able (osteo arthritis) to actually SHOOT .357, but it WILL accept anything from mild .38s to 38 +P to .357

No safety to worry about, no jamming, no sharp edges.

Buddy of mine had ALL (got stolen) SW airweight, then the 380P which has bit him so far about 4 times, and a Ruger like mine, only .38 +P The more he screws with the 380 the more he dislikes it. I've just about got 'em talked into just carrying the Ruger 5 hole and forget it.

With a beltclip holster, I can wear a T shirt and be about 99.9% concealed. No worries in Idaho

...Large caliber handguns are not easy to conceal. Here in FL, I wear mostly t-shirts and shorts so this option of concealment is easy and does the job.... MMG

I can attest to that.... saw him at the Melbourne Car show on Sat. It was 55 degrees and windy in the am with early clouds and MMG was in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. Rock on Christopher! :rambo: btw did you buy the car?

Recently sold 87 of my guns and have only 3 handguns left outside of a couple black power ones. I figured at my age and my pleasant attitude why would I need much firepower and with a change of clothing I can always be well healed with an outside holster and my Ruger Vaquero. For bedside manners the Browning A5 which is secured to the rails of the bed will do the trick as well as a friggin cannon and while I'm on the subject of cannons, I have two on my front lawn during summer months when religious fanatics freely come on the property, guess it has something to do with the weather. A few years back I was pinstriping at a dealership at night cause it was too hot in the daytime and a kid asked me for some spare change and I told him to leave me alone and if he needed money to get a job. He came back with several of his buddies and when push came to shove, out of my tool box came my military H&K VP70 23 shot 9mm and with that one said, we don't need any problems and I said, you are the problem. They left and I went back to work.

Well, I'm from a different time where partying was king and all these guns mean nothing any longer and I live where crime is rare and everyone packs, so I guess I'm safe from people as the only thing that bothers me on my property is bear and cougars

I have an Officers model in .45 ACP and a Tarus 5 hole .357 mag. Two guns for two different carry situations. :)

I have been looking at both of them and think I have decided on the bodyguard 380 as well. I love revolvers and the 38s +P round so I might end up with both down the line but the 380 is a hair cheaper and carries 2 more rounds then the 38. Let us know how she shoots

Right now I am carrying a Smith & Wesson Model 10 (38 special) from the 1920's while I absolutely love the gun (incredibly accurate) it is way to heavy and far too big to carry every day like I have been, it's time to go to something lighter.

-
Back