Saab Superbird (aka the plywood Saab)

-

Plaschy

Reaction score
This Superbird clone was once a Saab. The builder pieced together two hoods to make the nose cone. The wing is made of plywood. Instead of the "Plymouth" script on the back fender it says "Plywood".

Attachments

• saab-superbird.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 760
That is awesome! Do you know it it's the German Ford V4 or the Saab 3 cylinder 2 cycle engine powering this incredible machine?

That is awesome! Do you know it it's the German Ford V4 or the Saab 3 cylinder 2 cycle engine powering this incredible machine?

I did publish this picture over at Facebook in the forum "Gamla custom bilar i sverige" which means Old Customcars in Sweden. One person stated that the form of the windshield made this "Superbird" a '67 or later Saab. Therefore and most likely the engine is a V4.

Now, let's be clear. I REALLY don't like "nose" cars. If "you had to do that" to go fast at Daytona, then, I guess, OK. Just don't expect me to ride in one.

With that said, I think this actually improves the looks of a Saab, one of the ugliest cars in the world, bar none. Of course, it could use some wheels...............

some other "improvements."

5661278739.jpg

Somebody on the www claims these are Saabs

Saab.jpg

As usual, wheels can make..........or break.........the car

Attachments

• saab.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 619
Sorry, "not"

1976_Saab_95-4.jpg

Excellent, just simply excellent

saab3.jpg

Now, let's be clear. I REALLY don't like "nose" cars. If "you had to do that" to go fast at Daytona, then, I guess, OK. Just don't expect me to ride in one.

With that said, I think this actually improves the looks of a Saab, one of the ugliest cars in the world, bar none. Of course, it could use some wheels...............

some other "improvements."

5661278739.jpg

Somebody on the www claims these are Saabs

Saab.jpg

As usual, wheels can make..........or break.........the car

I,d drive the wheels off it.

I used to be a Saab tech back in the mid to late 70's. Interesting cars to say the least, way over engineered if you ask me though. I made good money working on them because the Saab 99 was out then, and believe me, they were always broke and at our doorstep.

Did you know Saab makes fighter jets? I sure as hell would never fly in one, just as bad as a Harley Davidson powered airplane. :wack:

That plywood is freaking awsome!! lol but how don't you like the superbird of the daytona? id drive the hell out of them, they look so amazing!! lol

Did you know Saab makes fighter jets? I sure as hell would never fly in one, just as bad as a Harley Davidson powered airplane. :wack:

never heard anything bad about their scania line of semis though

-
Back